Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

FLST breaks miniT's ability to drag and drop tabs, so it shouldn't be grouped with the others.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Hmm...running FB 20040110 with FLST 0.5 and miniT 0.7.0.7 and I can drag/drop tabs and also closing tabs focuses to last selected tab.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Moonwolf wrote:FLST breaks miniT's ability to drag and drop tabs, so it shouldn't be grouped with the others.

I (and others) don't experience this bug. Have you got TBX installed?
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

guys I done this, I am glad I got rid of the bloatiness, also like to add session saver does a much better job than TBE at recovering tab sessions.

well done

all I need now is multiple rows for my tabs :)
rue

Post by rue »

Chrysalis:
Nah, we need a fisheye magnifying effect (probably in flash) to permit one row to be truly accessible -- a-la apple's Dock. Also, as a <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=19033">prior thread</a> discussed, the tab-metaphor isn't the only one.
Time permitting, I might take this on.
lostnihilist

Post by lostnihilist »

what is the viability of this whole deal (or i guess, more accurately, all these deals) being seamonkey-fied? I like the idea of not being dependent upon TBE, but i love the feature-set. Consider this a request for such action. Also, i KNOW i'm not the only one who is in SeaMonkey and likes TBE features, but not TBE.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

hmm I just realised I got the same problem which made me look for TBE in the first place, does anyone else notice that with tabbrowser prefences enabled the new tab and new tab menu option dont work?

--- edit update ---

this problem only occurs when the load home page for new tabs box is selected.
rue

Post by rue »

lostnihilist:
For what it's worth, my stuff is mozilla-compatible.
A lot of the "firebird-only" extensions are core compatible. It's just that their authors are either ignorant of the minor xul-tweaks necessary to finalize, or they don't care. Also, older builds of mozilla don't support profile-extensions, so a root-install option is necessary.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

TychoQuad wrote:
Moonwolf wrote:FLST breaks miniT's ability to drag and drop tabs, so it shouldn't be grouped with the others.

I (and others) don't experience this bug. Have you got TBX installed?

I've tracked it down. It's a 3-way incompatibility between miniT, FLST and Download Statusbar.
miniT and FLST is fine, miniT and Download Statusbar is fine. All 3 at once breaks drag and drop of tabs.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

For anyone who's interested, I've altered Tab X to give close buttons identical to the tab bar's close button.
XPI installer (Untested, but I doubt I broke it)
JAR file (Replace the current jar in your chrome folder)
Basically I stole the method TBE uses to describe the close button. Bear in mind that this is the first time I've done anything like this, but it works for me!

Edit: Made a small change (Deleted apparently redundant code) that hasn't stopped it working for me. The jar file should now be 1,524 bytes, and the xpi 2,286 bytes.

Edit 2: A further change, suggested by Clav - Correct file sizes are now 1,517 bytes and 2,280 bytes.
Last edited by Moonwolf on February 9th, 2004, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tksh

Post by tksh »

On a side note, I don't suppose there's an alternative extension that handles undo closing of tabs?
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

Chrysalis wrote:hmm I just realised I got the same problem which made me look for TBE in the first place, does anyone else notice that with tabbrowser prefences enabled the new tab and new tab menu option dont work?

--- edit update ---

this problem only occurs when the load home page for new tabs box is selected.

What version of firebird are you using? The latest version of TBP only supports later nightly builds and 0.8. There was a codechange sometime in December-January that had that effect.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

using 0.8+ that I downloaded yesterday
gorgias

Post by gorgias »

Ok, and are you using TBP 0.5?

Try this modified version and see if it works tabprefs.xpi

I discovered that TBP_0.5 and FLST don't like each other... I use a customized version of TBP that I made before 0.5 was out so I haven't noticed this before. We really could use some guidelines for developing extensions for firebird.
zombie_geek

Post by zombie_geek »

Which version of miniT should I be using?