[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Snark.Shark

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here 2

Post by Snark.Shark »

I used to love this extension, but I've had to remove it since I started using Firefox 3, because Add Bookmarks Here 2 and the Delicious addon don't work together.

You get something like this when you try and bookmark with them both installed:

Assertion failed

ASSERT: Invalid menuitem in the folders-menulist
Stack Trace:
0:EIO__getFolderIdFromMenuList()
1:EIO_toggleFolderTreeVisibility()
2:SU_panelShown([object MouseEvent])
3:onpopupshown([object MouseEvent])

The current alpha version of Daniel Lindkvist's version of this also has problems with Delicious and Firefox 3, but they are easier to deal with. Lindkvist's version simply bypasses calling Delicious altogether, which is annoying but not as bad as a big error message. And with Lindkvist's version installed you can still manually add delicious online bookmarks under the delicious pulldown menu.

I'd PREFER to use ABH2 (I consider it superior to the other version otherwise), but for now... I can't.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Snark.Shark wrote:I used to love this extension, but I've had to remove it since I started using Firefox 3, because Add Bookmarks Here 2 and the Delicious addon don't work together.

Assertion failed

Stack Trace:

Delicious Bookmarks 2.0.64 has a bug that causes the "Assertion failed" problem.

File: deliciousBookmarks.jar/ybookmarksOverlay.js
Line: 272

The original code is:
description = PlacesUtils.getDescriptionFromDocument(webNav.document);

It should be changed to:
description = PlacesUIUtils.getDescriptionFromDocument(webNav.document);
mbaluyos

Post by mbaluyos »

yuoo2k wrote:
Snark.Shark wrote:I used to love this extension, but I've had to remove it since I started using Firefox 3, because Add Bookmarks Here 2 and the Delicious addon don't work together.

Assertion failed

Stack Trace:

Delicious Bookmarks 2.0.64 has a bug that causes the "Assertion failed" problem.

File: deliciousBookmarks.jar/ybookmarksOverlay.js
Line: 272

The original code is:
description = PlacesUtils.getDescriptionFromDocument(webNav.document);

It should be changed to:
description = PlacesUIUtils.getDescriptionFromDocument(webNav.document);

Great to hear you guys are getting somewhere with this issue.

I have uninstalled the del.icio.us addon for now as it seems have other problems as well related to bookmarks. Not to mention it's getting too bloated and intrusive.
dithmer

Post by dithmer »

the problem i'm having with using add bookmark here with firefox 3 is that i can't hit the enter or return key to select the done button in the bookmark panel. i have to actually click on it with the mouse cursor. does anybody have a solution to this?
Phil K

Post by Phil K »

Nah - knackered, sadly.
This is a great add-on and I hope our Taiwanese mate here can sort it out.
I'm already missing out on paste and go for Firefox 3, and one or two others.
There is another "Bookmark Here" that doesn't work in 3 either.
Seem to be operating with about a quarter of the add-ons I so need on Firefox 3.....
stephenhdelicious

Post by stephenhdelicious »

Hi everyone -- This is Stephen from the Delicious team. Thanks for reporting this bug. Our team has confirmed the problem and it will be fixed in our next update, which should be available very soon. Thanks for your patience!

On a side note, we have a user forum for discussions about our Firefox extension; you can find it here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delicious ... -extension

Feel free to drop by if you have more feedback for us.

Regards,
--Stephen Hood, Delicious
Geo123

Post by Geo123 »

yuoo2k, I'm not using [Ext] Add Bookmark Here 2 but i have Hide Menubar installed. I'm using Hide Menubar 1.0.20080610 add-on in FF3 and found a bug problem. This bug only happen when you first open Firefox 3 and going to favorite website. When editing a bookmark by clicking the star icon located in the address bar the menubar also appear.
Ivanytch

Post by Ivanytch »

Hi there,

After upgrading to FF3.01 I have experienced the following issue with ABHere2: it does not really add the bookmark if the name of the bookmark is in a cyrillic charset. All the actions in the procedure seem to have been completed but the result is that the bookmark chosen and inserted in the procedure is not actually added.

I would appreciate if you could fix this asap.
Thanks in advance.
Ivanytch

Post by Ivanytch »

Hi again,

I have just installed the new devbuild v3.0.20080723 and the cyrillic charset issue has gone.
Sorry for bothering you in vain. The add-on is great!
FaeGiN

Post by FaeGiN »

If I am not doing this right and am 'hijacking a thread' then please let me know and I will try find the right place. I didn't know if I could just start a new thread or not.
OK.
Been using ABH2 with FF3.1.
I had a weird prob and that is that, whenever the 'Edit this Bookmark' dialogue is there on screen, If I right-click on the Tags text box the whole window expands and the folders are being displayed. then, if I click on any part of the window it shrinks back again...the folders go and the tags or keywords/description part is extended.
It makes it almost impossible to write Tags when you save a bookmark as the bloody text box is jumping around out the way!
It has taken me a long time, since I upgraded to FF£, as I have been disabling settings, changing things in about@config, trying so many things...editing so,e add-ons to see if I could stpo this behaviour but, I have only recently come to the world of Mozilla and looking at the code, messing with it so maybe you guys are more able to pinpoint what would be causing that?
I hope someone can figure it out as its a nice add-on to have.
disabling it for now though :(
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

FaeGiN wrote:whenever the 'Edit this Bookmark' dialogue is there on screen, If I right-click on the Tags text box the whole window expands and the folders are being displayed. then, if I click on any part of the window it shrinks back again...the folders go and the tags or keywords/description part is extended.

Hello, Thanks for reporting this bug. It' was fixed in ABHere2-3.0.20080725.
FaeGiN

Post by FaeGiN »

yuoo2k wrote:
FaeGiN wrote:whenever the 'Edit this Bookmark' dialogue is there on screen, If I right-click on the Tags text box the whole window expands and the folders are being displayed. then, if I click on any part of the window it shrinks back again...the folders go and the tags or keywords/description part is extended.

Hello, Thanks for reporting this bug. It' was fixed in ABHere2-3.0.20080725.

Thanks for letting me know...I would love to try the DevBuild but no matter how I try to get the page on the url you give to download the devbuild, all I get is a Taiwanese page which seems to be telling me I need to register in order to view it.
There is no access to the thread on the forum you give a link to so I cannot grab the devbuild ABHere2-3.0.20080725
Is there anywhere it is hosted that I can try it out?
Thanks again,
:(
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by yuoo2k »

Hi FaeGiN,
In moztw, you can download files without register/login as a user. The download link is at the bottom-right of the page.
You might prefer to get it from AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/3880
But due to it is still in sandbox, you have to login AMO to get the install link.
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

If I install this extension, I now have two "Add Bookmark Here" extensions installed. What gives?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Hello all,
I've re-designed the ABHere2 options dialog, see below:

It supports Mouse Clicking options and you can decide to expand the Tags List now.