Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
rue

Post by rue »

yea- ignore the settings. i gutted sessionsaver to make this quickly.

is popup-blocking enabled by default for Firefox / the latest Seamonkey?
jreichman

Post by jreichman »

I get the same error. I also had an installation issue. DLed installer XPI, installed, restarted FF, and got an extra frame below the status bar with some more sessionsaver chrome code (sorry, didn't copy). After disabling session-saver and reinstalling SS and Window-Q, every worked. Madonna's site passes the single-window mode test. Cool!

TBE can now officially kiss my grits. :)
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

I have no idea about Firefox's default, I installed with my old profile (I'm testing this thing, so I should try to break it, right? ;)).

I found a site where it doesn't work, but it's private and I can't give the URL or post any of the source :(
From the source it's using a get-method form to call a php search script directed to a named target window. The result is a completely new browser. TBE successfully directed it to a new tab when I was using it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
rue

Post by rue »

Btw, make sure the page finishes loading before clicking anything. I'm working on trapping sooner, but right now, the appropriate changes only occur when pageload completes.
IGAU

Post by IGAU »

Moonwolf wrote:Do you have "Browsing: Open links in the background" checked under Tools/Options/Advanced?

... once again.... I'm an idiot...
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

well at the moment I am using tabbrowser preferences, miniz and session saver for my tabs which almost works perfect, except a few pages will open a new window when clicking on links, here is an example.

http://www.cpanel.net/

click on the cpanel demo and see if it loads a new window or tab. I get a window :(
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

WindowQ opens a new window for the cpanel demo too. TBE opens it in a new tab.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

its ok now tabbrowser prefences somehow got set to disabled sorry
rue

Post by rue »

<a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=47192&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105#375839">Window-Q</a> traps script-generated windows.
The preview only activates after pageload completes, so you need popups disabled to use it effectively. It's still in development.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

isnt it doing same job as tabbroswer preferences if not whatys the difference?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Window-Q seems to be a superior replacement for TBP.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

rue wrote:is popup-blocking enabled by default for Firefox / the latest Seamonkey?

I believe so. (Not sure about Seamonkey though)
simulate030

Post by simulate030 »

Anything new happening with this?

Is there any extension to move the tab bar to the bottom? And to provide tab bar functions (like, midclick on tab bar opens a new tab)
rue

Post by rue »

simulate:
TBE has.. uh, a lot of options. This thread is about replicating the ones people need.
You probably meant to start that post: "Could someone make... [?]"
mai9

Post by mai9 »

not needed, here's the css for moving tabs at the bottom:

Code: Select all

/* Tabs at bottom */
#content > tabbox { -moz-box-direction: reverse; }