Pinstripe XP (Cross Platform) for Firebird

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

You're absolutely right! Sorry, I haven't used the default theme since ever! That's an awesome about, though. I'm still having a tough time with this "Firefox" thing. Maybe after the mascot has visited the local mall I'll start getting comfortable.
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
Jonx

Post by Jonx »

you can have about dialog by extracting "aboutdialog.css" and "about.png" from classic jar to your theme I think they are located in \skin\classic\browser and you should put in browser dir in your theme, then youll have about artwork :) and proper Dialog box
Mac OS X 10.4.2
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, you've mistaken me for someone who can do that.
Anthropic

Post by Anthropic »

Hmmm...That didn't seem to work, it completely messed up the theme...Oh well...

Is there a reason that the about box doesn't carry over into new themes like it always did?
Devil24

Post by Devil24 »

Maybe the new copyright/trademark thing... I don't know
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

Scratch, I think being consistent with the platform is important. That's why I took out things like the rounded search bar and the homegrown tab design. It takes away things that make Pinstripe look like it fits into the OS on the Mac, but since we're not on a Mac here, I don't think it matters too much. I'll leave making an exact copy of mac controls to others.

Although I agree that being consistent with the platform is important, I still appreciate the little details like rounded address bars, and the tabs, as they look on a Mac. Heck, if I wanted something that totally fit into Windows, I'd just use the default theme (;)). But seeing as you already changed the icons and throbber, could there be another version of that goes "all the way"?

scratch: Might you release your port of Pinstripe as well, for those of use who prefer something a little, er... inconsistent? ;)
gahbmwM5

What am I doing wrong...

Post by gahbmwM5 »

I have tried every combination of trying to move my Toolbar icons around via: View----->Customize, but it is displayed as this:

I use only (5) Toolbar icons: Back, Forward, Refresh, Stop, & Home, and can not get the icons to be displayed together like in the 'ss' posted by Kevin on pg.1...

Help...lol!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
Jonx

Re: What am I doing wrong...

Post by Jonx »

gahbmwM5 wrote:I have tried every combination of trying to move my Toolbar icons around via: View----->Customize, but it is displayed as this:

I use only (5) Toolbar icons: Back, Forward, Refresh, Stop, & Home, and can not get the icons to be displayed together like in the 'ss' posted by Kevin on pg.1...

Help...lol!

I think you need to disable Dropmarkers to do that put this code in to userChrome.css located in "....\application data\Phoenix\Profiles\YOURPROFILE\xxxxxxxx.slt\chrome"( if you dont have userchrome.css create one"

Code: Select all

#forward-button .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker { display: none; }
#back-button .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker { display: none; }

hope it helps :)
Mac OS X 10.4.2
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Unolas,

Thanks for the info but unfortunately after putting the above 'code' into my userChrome.css, I still am getting the same display results with the Toolbar icons...

Interesting that I can apply Smoke0.8, or one of Lynch's AA 0.8 themes, (Cryogenic, Smog, ect) and the (5) Toolbar icons that I use Back, Forward, Refresh, Stop, & Home immediately are displayed properly with no 'additional spaces'...
R4F

Post by R4F »

It is the theme. The dropmarker on the Back button is rendered at the top. The same thing is happening with my Orbit Blue for Thunderbird. The dropmarker from cdn's Get All Messages is rendered at the top and the one on the print button isn't shown at all.
Last edited by R4F on February 13th, 2004, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=9:0df8c2550c]Firefox Help | Nederlands
Thunderbird Help | Nederlands[/size:0df8c2550c]
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

It might be because you're using a trunk build and IIRC themes need some other adjustments, other than the ones necessary for FF0.8, to work on 0.8.0+ builds... but I can't remember what's exactly needed...

[edit]http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=46095[/edit]
..::XF::..
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Thanks guys for your replies, as I am also trying a variation of this theme with different tabs being ported by a couple members (joint effort) @Aqua Communities, and display results are the same...

Oh well, will keep checking back on this thread and also the thread @Aqua-soft (members only)

***EDIT***

XF, ok man as I used the code by Sailfish in the above thread that you so kindly posted, and alas, my Toolbar icons are 'now' properly spaced!

There are a couple of other issues, that I will make note of to 'point out' to the members porting it @Aqua-soft, but at least my issue with the 'abnormally spaced out' Toolbar icons is solved!

"Dan Kies, all I did was add the following statement to my global\toolbarbutton.css stylesheet and it seemed to fix both cases of dropped dropmarkers?"

Code:
.toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
.toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
-moz-image-region: auto; /* cut off inheritance */
}
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Code:
.toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
.toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
-moz-image-region: auto; /* cut off inheritance */
}

I'm adding the code to toolbarbutton.css..yes now forward and backward button seems to allign!! :)
This seems to happen to trunk no issue with release ones.

Thnx..to you guys..ooohhhahhh :) :)
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

Why is this topic sticky?
Thumper's Evil Twin

Post by Thumper's Evil Twin »

Because there have been 27 threads started on it already, and this will hopefully stop people from making new ones. With any luck this means people will be so bored they'll answer my XP menus thread.

- Chris