Folder being processed.....wait ?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Werner37

Folder being processed.....wait ?

Post by Werner37 »

There are 25 messages to be downloaded. Download stops afteer 3 and I get message:" This folder is being processed. Please wait to complete to get messages." What does this mean? Why is it happening? Thanks for repsonse.

Werner

Post by Guest »

It's an annoying bug from what I can tell and it's pissing me off big time. Apparently I think it has to do with certain messages on the POP3 server that get the mail client into this state. Use your internet service providers web mail client and delete all of your junk mail and it should fix the problem. You may have to delete the popstate.dat file in your mail directory as well.

Post by Guest »

I'm seeing a similar problem, except I don't get the message "This folder is being processed. Please wait to complete to get messages.", the status bar just goes blank. I deleted all my junk mail via webmail, and moved all important messages to a temporary folder. I also deleted popstate.dat and Inbox.msf in my profile folder. When no messages are in the pop account's inbox TB tells me so, but if I move any of my saved messages to the inbox folder on webmail, TB will display, "Downloading message (x) of (x)..." but will go blank after a few seconds. I can not check for mail again until i restart TB.