Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pinfante

Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

Post by pinfante »

I tried to search this first...

I cannot seem to dismiss a reminder in Lightning - it keeps poping up.

???
Thanks.
Have a nice day!
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

Hi, what Lightning and Thunderbird version? Do you have the issue with a local or remote calendar? Do you have write access to this calendar? Do you see any error messages in the Error Console when dismissing the event?
pinfante

Post by pinfante »

TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)
Lightning 0.7
Using Goosync to sync with Google calendar
I believe I have write/full access
no error messages
Have a nice day!
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

I could image that either GooSync or Google Calendar remove the information from the event that the reminder was already dismissed upon syncing. Next time the event is loaded from Google Calendar the reminders fires again. You might test the Provider for Google Calendar extension that allows Lightning to read/write directly from/to Google Calendar.
pinfante

Post by pinfante »

Yes, sorry forgot to mention, I am using Provider for Google calendar to sync with lightning. Goosync is what I use to then sync Google calendar to my Palm Treo.
Have a nice day!
lcjc258

Same Problem

Post by lcjc258 »

I'm having the same problem. When I reload remote calenders, I can't "dismiss" or "dismiss all". I'm using the latest Lightning and Provider for Google Calendar 0.4. This is pretty annoying and I would greatly appreciate any help.
udb1st

Post by udb1st »

so any solution for this issu?
in my case, it is even more strange, there is no event in the "Calendar Alarm" :(

thanks
mazer1310

Post by mazer1310 »

I'm also seeing the same problem sporadically.

connecting to google calendar with Thunderbird/Lightning

Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (20080421)
Lightning 0.8

I'm unable to snooze, snooze all, dismiss, nor dismiss all
bl0m5t3r

Post by bl0m5t3r »

I have the same problem. i can't dismiss or snooze any reminder.

client setup (on vista x64 sp1):
thunderbird 2.0.0.14
lighting 0.8

backend (on vista x64 sp1):
kerio mail server 6.5.0 patch1

i know i got write permission, as i use lightining to fill the agenda.
my way around it is to go click the reminder window away (close)
and go to my agenda and manually remove the reminder from the
event. for many events, too much work to be practical.
Photon500

Same Problem

Post by Photon500 »

I am having the same problem.

Windows XP Pro
Thunderbird Portable 2.0.0.14
Lightning 0.8
Provider for Google Calendar 0.4

I sync two google calendars with Lightning. Neither are set to read only. There is one event that I cannot dismiss from last week. Many reminders have come and been successfully dismissed. The "Dismiss" and "Dismiss All" buttons do not work.
drjimmy42

Re: Can't dismiss reminder in lightning

Post by drjimmy42 »

Don't you hate it when someone just responds with "me too" instead of the answer you want? Sorry guys.... me too.
seths

Same bug/new bug?

Post by seths »

Yes, I'm having the same issue as everyone, with it seems one difference. Most folks here seem to be having this problem with Google calendar. But I'm running my own caldav server, a php implementation called caldav.php, which I have full write-access to and all that jazz. I can't dismiss anything, I can't even close the pop up with it coming right back, can't snooze either. In fact, trying to remove the reminder from the calendar entry doesn't appear to be doing anything at all... No errors reported in the error console. I'm a few days away from switching back to outlook. This is making thunderbird almost unusable for me.
hashky

Post by hashky »

I am having a similar problem. I don't sync the Lightning calendar with anything.

Windows XP Pro
Thunderbird Portable 2.0.0.14
Lightning 0.8

When the Reminder pops up, I click on a reminder details. I change the date to sometime in the future. Save and close the event. After the default snooze, the event pops up again, even though I postpone the event for a year. It still pops up every after every snooze time.

Is there a workaround? If I Dismiss, will the pop up again at the right time?

Ron
Pete2005

Post by Pete2005 »

If it's a recurring event and you click Dismiss, then you should get a new reminder when the event occurs again.
mogul

Post by mogul »

I've got it happening too. This is using Lightning and Google Provider from last night's nightly build, latest TB release, Mac OS X Leopard. The calendar in question is doing read/write sync with Google Calendar. When this happens, it's typically for a recurring event.

Here's a screencast of it happening:
http://screencast.com/t/6j06RqAfrj

The reminder is for today's occurrence of this event, which happened a few hours ago. If I close the reminder window using the window controls, as you see at the end of the video, it'll go away... Then pop up again in this un-dismissable state about a minute later. The reminder is firing again immediately, not when the next occurrence passes (next week).

My workaround has been to go to GCal, delete that instance of the event, and restart Thunderbird. Not at all fun.