Firefox won't let me type anything

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
livetoserve

Firefox won't let me type anything

Post by livetoserve »

Firefox refuses to let me type anything at all. No URL's. Can't fill out forms. Nothing.

Any ideas why that might be?
Harm

Post by Harm »

Have you yet tried using Firefox with a new profile? Start Firefox with "-ProfileManager" as attribute and create a new or choose another profile.

Second option, are you using a custom theme or just the standard Firefox theme?
God Bless America | Change We Can Believe In
livetoserve

Post by livetoserve »

Harm wrote:Have you yet tried using Firefox with a new profile? Start Firefox with "-ProfileManager" as attribute and create a new or choose another profile.

Second option, are you using a custom theme or just the standard Firefox theme?
It's a custom theme and I am using a create profile rather than the default.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Many themes and extensions have not been updated to work with 0.8 yet. When running into strange problems like this, the first thing to try is to return to the default theme and disable all extensions. Often this will fix the problem and you can re-enable your themes and extensions one at a time to see where the problem lies.

In the event that a theme or extension managed to corrupt your profile, even disabling all l your installs may not fix the problem. In that case, you may need to try a clean profile to see if that fixes things.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

Thanks a lot.. I'll try that. Much appreciated