"Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
darkrats

"Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle"

Post by darkrats »

When clicking on a Yahoo news item, I keep getting this message in a blank page (tab):

"Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle."

Anyone have an idea what is causing this and how to fix it?
kindofabuzz

Re: "Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle"

Post by kindofabuzz »

I've got that before when clicking a mailto: whcih opens my gmail. the only solution i've seen is to bring up gmail, then i can close it, click the mailto: again and everything is ok. so i guess log into yahoo at least once before you click it.
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
someguyinahat

Re: "Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle"

Post by someguyinahat »

I've been having this same issue. I've found that clearing my cache works about 90% of the time, but the next day I get the same cycle issue. It's irritating having to clear my cache whenever I want to read a news item. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
drufus2002

Re: "Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cyc

Post by drufus2002 »

I am running with version 32 of firefox. I have read any number of postings on this one and nothing seems to work, from cookies to url (in this case its my yahoo mail). If, however, I simply reload the page it comes right up (thereby making the url thing baloney as that never changed and works just fine, except when called as part of my homepage). It would be really nice if this got fixed but just pressing ^r brings up the page with absolutely no problem. :D
Running with Ubuntu 22.04.3 (Linux)
DanRaisch

Re: "Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cyc

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for your comments but you've replied to a thread that's been dead for six years. It's doubtful anyone was waiting for input on the issue.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.