Test Build of the New Win32 Installer Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

pljones wrote:Mmm, mailto links aren't working and Start->Run.. "mailto:a@b" gives "The specified path does not exist".

Works as well as ever for me with Windows XP; I put it that way as the known bug for "complex" mailto:" links still don't work, but even using Run as you did takes me directly to the compose module of Tbird, as does clicking on a mailto: link in Firefox.

(It may be that, as this worked before the installer version of Tbird, my registry settings were already proper.)
pljones

Post by pljones »

(It may be that, as this worked before the installer version of Tbird, my registry settings were already proper.)

Or it may be my abortive attempt to change the default location on my previous install confused the installer next time around. That would imply uninstall didn't uninstall that registry setting. But I suspect it's not setting it at all.
loosegroove

Post by loosegroove »

mscott wrote:
loosegroove wrote:I already had a desktop shortcut for Thunderbird on my desktop and the installer added 3 more.
It added 3 more icons? Really? What were they? We should only add a single icon for launching the app.

The 3 icons that were added were shortcuts to Thunderbird. I already had an existing shortcut on my desktop and it added 3 more shortcuts to Thunderbird.

I just ran the installer again and it did not create the 3 duplicate shortcuts. It must have been something with my machine.
Bronson C. Elliott
mscott

Post by mscott »

pljones wrote:Mmm, mailto links aren't working and Start->Run.. "mailto:a@b" gives "The specified path does not exist".

Delving into regedit...

HKCR\mailto\shell\open\command
(Default) REG_SZ C:\PROGRA~1\THUNDE~1\THUNDE~1.EXE -compose %1
That's from my previous install, by the look of it. Manually changed to
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -compose %1
and it works.

HKCR\Protocols\Handler\mailto
CLSID REG_SZ {3050f3DA-98B5-11CF-BB82-00AA00BDCE0B}
Not sure what uses that but it refers on to %SystemRoot%\System32\mshtml.dll. Several bits in the registry point to URL:MailTo handler.

I think what's happening here is as follows:

1) you are already the default client using a .zip install which was installed into Path A.
2) You install thunderbird whcich uses a different directory path by default so now you have bits in Path B. The installer adds a bunch of keys to register thunderbird as a mailto protocol handler pointing to Path B.
3) However, the installer does not re-mark thunderbird as your default application. So we are still using the default app values written from the build in step 1. So the actual mailto protocol handler in HKCR is still the build from step 1. If you open up the new install in Path B and force it to remark itself as the default mail client, I bet this 'fixes' itself.

I'll see if I can make thunderbird re-prompt about not being the default client in this scenario.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Anagoge

Post by Anagoge »

I large number of mailto: links are broken in Thunderbird right now. See bug 231032 here:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=231032
ChaKy

Post by ChaKy »

Well, I selected custom install, and then selected to install offline support within installer, but when installation was copleted, there was no offline support :-( Later, I had to use offline.xpi from my hard disk to add offline support :-)
mscott

Post by mscott »

Nikola Cakelic wrote:Well, I selected custom install, and then selected to install offline support within installer, but when installation was copleted, there was no offline support :-( Later, I had to use offline.xpi from my hard disk to add offline support :-)
in your installation directory there should be a couple of .log files which report on the progress of the install. Any errors there about offline.xpi?
Thunderbirds are Go!
ChaKy

Post by ChaKy »

mscott wrote:
Nikola Cakelic wrote:Well, I selected custom install, and then selected to install offline support within installer, but when installation was copleted, there was no offline support :-( Later, I had to use offline.xpi from my hard disk to add offline support :-)
in your installation directory there should be a couple of .log files which report on the progress of the install. Any errors there about offline.xpi?

Hi mscott!

This is from install_status.log:

Destination Path:
Main: D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
SubPath:

Setup Type: &Custom

Components selected:
Cross Platform COM
Mozilla Thunderbird Mail
mozilla.org Uninstaller
US English Defaults
English (US) Language Pack
US Region Pack
Offline Support

Components to download:
Cross Platform COM found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
Mozilla Thunderbird Mail found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
mozilla.org Uninstaller found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
US English Defaults found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
English (US) Language Pack found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
US Region Pack found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
Offline Support found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
** All components have been found locally. No components will be downloaded.

Uncompressing Xpcom Succeeded: 0

XPInstall Start
Cross Platform COM: 0 OK
Mozilla Thunderbird Mail: 0 OK
US English Defaults: 0 OK
English (US) Language Pack: 0 OK
US Region Pack: 0 OK
Offline Support: 0 OK
XPInstall End

Launch Apps Start
Launch Apps End

It says "Offline Support OK", but when I started Thunderbird, there was no offline extension in Tools -> Options -> Extensions, or a little "conector" in the bottom right corner of a window that indicate offline/online mode.
JoeS

Problem in trunk unrelated to test build

Post by JoeS »

Last edited by JoeS on March 15th, 2004, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
JoeS

Re: Problem in trunk unrelated to test build

Post by JoeS »

Last edited by JoeS on March 15th, 2004, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
tseelee

Re: Problem in trunk unrelated to test build

Post by tseelee »

JoeS wrote:I don't know how to put it there without re-posting.

Just PM one of the forum mods and it'll be done.

Best,
Tsee
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance. - Socrates as quoted in Lives of Eminent Philosophers
brandx

Post by brandx »

worked perfect!
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Excelent! I love the installer.
My only complaint (same with Firefox installer) is that there is no option on WHAT icons I want created or don't want created (quicklist, desktop and program).
Besides that, AWESOME!!
RickFriedman

Post by RickFriedman »

Nikola Cakelic wrote:
mscott wrote:

Hi mscott!

This is from install_status.log:

Components selected:
Offline Support

Components to download:
Offline Support found: D:\Temp\ns_temp\
** All components have been found locally. No components will be downloaded.

Uncompressing Xpcom Succeeded: 0

XPInstall Start
Cross Platform COM: 0 OK
Mozilla Thunderbird Mail: 0 OK
US English Defaults: 0 OK
English (US) Language Pack: 0 OK
US Region Pack: 0 OK
Offline Support: 0 OK
XPInstall End

Launch Apps Start
Launch Apps End

It says "Offline Support OK", but when I started Thunderbird, there was no offline extension in Tools -> Options -> Extensions, or a little "conector" in the bottom right corner of a window that indicate offline/online mode.

I can confirm this. I have exactly the same messages in the install_status.log. Offline support is a no-show for me as well.

Rick
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060911 SUSE/1.5.0.7-1.5 Firefox/1.5.0.7
Mad Maks

Post by Mad Maks »

finally :-)

But can somebody tell me how i can add a language pack to the installer?

MM
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)