2004-03-12 Weekly Build Now Available (Win32)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Mine crashed too after installing extensions, but runs fine after restarting.

"By the way"...what... "new extension installer" is Firefox using. I must have missed something somewhere.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040314 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MozJF)
Michael Buschbeck

Post by Michael Buschbeck »

mjc wrote:I've been seeing the same thing in recent IDLE-enabled builds... that is, rarely-used folders are occasionally highlighted even though no new mail is in them.

A few minutes ago I got notified of new mail in a folder that never had gotten any mail before; in fact, it's empty (and just the parent folder of several subfolders).

This time the actual folder which had received the message was highlighted as well, however.
thomasz44l

Post by thomasz44l »

I haven't posted in a while, Scott, but please keep up the great work! I really appreciate your time (and others' time) on Tb! :-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible!
brewthatistrue

Post by brewthatistrue »

i'm not getting new mail notifications my imap mailboxes (not sure if this is related to my use of cdn's "get all messages" extension) but i am getting them for pop3 boxes

junk filter seems to be working well.
uggi

Post by uggi »

Is it just me or is it hard to tell when Thunderbird has finished marking messages as junk/not junk? Sometimes the throbber stops throbbing but the status bar still shows "Downloading message" or something. Sometimes I can see the progress bar flashing on the status bar, sometimes not. There should be a progress bar for the whole thing.
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

When the throbber stops it's all over. Sometimes the last message doesn't get wiped from the status bar.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
jhirshon

Post by jhirshon »

is anyone else having problems uninstalling themes and extensions in this build on Windows 2000? I can't and it's driving me crazy! :(
FluffyOne

Post by FluffyOne »

Note: I'm using the 0.5 release of Thunderbird which does not contain the IDLE stuff AFAIK.

Michael Buschbeck wrote:IMAP IDLE seems to work better now :) -- however, I still get occasional spurious "new mail" notifications for folders without any new (unread) mail at all.

I'm seeing a similar thing - not really noticed it much til I read this thread. Folders that are not tagged as "Check this folder..." are randomly checked for mail on the odd occasion. Seem to be no pattern. Generally, nothing has been delivered into the folders in question. Usually they've never even been browsed.

Michael Buschbeck wrote:Firstly, I'm filtering mail server-side into IMAP folders. I have "Check this folder for new messages" checked for almost (!) all of my subscribed folders (with the exception of my spam folder and one mailing list folder which I only occasionally skim over). I don't use Thunderbird's spam filter or any client-side rules.

Same here. I have my mail account set to check for new mail every 10 minutes or so. It doesn't reliably check all folders marked to be checked all the time though, and sometimes the message count will disappear though the folder stays highlighted.

There's definitely somethign odd going on in there.

Anything we can do to help track down these oddities? I'm not a Mozilla hacker but I do use Thunderbird every day and have >1.5GB of IMAP email in a combination of normal and shared folders on a courier mail server which I'm the admin of. So lot's of potential for testing :)

Regards,
Ronny
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

sasquatch wrote:Seems OK so far. Most spam shows up in the wee hours of the morning, so we'll see.

Otherwise, this build seems to work for starters, and seems quicker for seconds.

Replacing swalker20040212 build.

It marked 10 as SPAM this morning. 6 really were, and 4 were false, which I then unmarked and moved back to inbox. I guess I could say anti-SPAM is working better than before.

Otherwise, it seems reliable enough and possibly a little quicker than before.

Thanks.

Now, for an optimized version...

:wink:
jhirshon

Post by jhirshon »

jhirshon wrote:is anyone else having problems uninstalling themes and extensions in this build on Windows 2000? I can't and it's driving me crazy! :(

Doing an uninstall (after installing via installer), and completely starting from scratch, using the excellent daily build web installer from Tsommer has fixed all my problems - including mailtos not opening a compose window and theme uninstall/install problems - many thanks to all who tried to help, I REALLY appreciate that, thank you!

cheers, JH

ps - remember to do a moz backup BEFORE you follow these instructions, if you're having similar problems, or prepare to lose mail, setting, userchrome/content/js, etc.
Jay Garcia

Post by Jay Garcia »

djbrock wrote:The settings for the NSPR are,
create a batch file in your TB directory and put this in it
set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=BayesianFilter:5
set NSPR_LOG_FILE=c:\imap\bayes.log
start thunderbird.exe

it will create a logfile with a lot to go and read through :)

After the first "set" line, I get "out of environment space" when I run the batch file. The log file is created but is void of data.
Jay Garcia - Netscape - Mozilla Champion
http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
http://www.UFAQ.org
RickyC1976

Re: 2004-03-12 Weekly Build Now Available (Win32)

Post by RickyC1976 »

mscott wrote:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/2004-03-12-trunk

Known Issues:
-----------------
None Yet

I just found out that if I use the button Contacts while I write a mail and try to drag & drop the first contact from the list, I get an error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsITransferable.getAnyTransferData]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/nsTransferable.js :: anonymous :: line 132" data: no]

while if I do the same with the 2nd contact, it works fine.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Squadron76 wrote:
mscott wrote:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/2004-03-12-trunk

Known Issues:
-----------------
None Yet

I just found out that if I use the button Contacts while I write a mail and try to drag & drop the first contact from the list, I get an error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsITransferable.getAnyTransferData]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/nsTransferable.js :: anonymous :: line 132" data: no]

while if I do the same with the 2nd contact, it works fine.
this works for me. Question what is that first em in your AB that you are trying to drag? An address book card or maybe a mailing list?
Thunderbirds are Go!
JSS3rd

20040314 build

Post by JSS3rd »

The 03-14 build is working fine, as have other recent builds, except for some issues I can't seem to resolve:
    1. In the 02-18 build, which I have installed on my seldom used Win98SE computer, Tbird reopens with the display it had when closed ... in other words, if my inbox is expanded to display all the sub-folders when I close Tbird, the inbox will still be expanded when I reopen Tbird. That no longer happens, and checking "Remember the last selected message" in Tools > Options > General has no effect.

2. I may be imagining this but I seem to remember that, for a while at least, a message could be marked as unread (as can be done with other email programs). If that ever was the case, it's no longer true, but is a feature I'd really like to see included.

3. This one really bugs me ... I have absolutely no need, or use, for Local Folders, yet there appears to be no way to get rid of them, as could be done up until a couple of months ago. The worst part is that every folder and every message in my main (only) account is duplicated in Local Folders.

XP Pro SP-1, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040314), single account POP3, default theme, no extensions
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
christian

Post by christian »

on this latest build, when trying to save a document or an attached file to the computer TB freezes and i have to manually kill it.
This is with winxp, have reproduced this error several times.
God is a comedian playing to an audience, too afraid to laugh.