2004-03-12 Weekly Build Now Available (Win32)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
RickyC1976

Post by RickyC1976 »

mscott wrote:this works for me. Question what is that first em in your AB that you are trying to drag? An address book card or maybe a mailing list?

Well they were both address book cards...
Here at home it works fine though!
The only different thing is that at work I installed the latest version of Thunderbird with the new installer, but the address book was recycled from my old profile (I created a new profile).
Another problem, seems that the installer is not installing the offline extension even if it's selected.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

copied from other thread (as instructed):

sasquatch wrote:Regarding the icons, I have yet to see a Windows NT 4.0 install have a proper icon. They all show up with horizontal lines through the icon, appearing corrupted somehow, but they work properly other than the looks.

Just wondering if anyone else having this problem, and if this installer build fixes that issue.

Thanks.
sjoerger

Imap and Junk mail

Post by sjoerger »

I started using this build at work today and since then i've started noticing that alot of my mailing list messages are getting marked as Junk. This was not happening before.

Is this a known problem and is there a way to turn off Junk mail checking completely?

Thanks,
Steve
Kylotan

Post by Kylotan »

This latest build seems to be a lot better with the junk than the others. I don't notice any other problems. Good work.

sjoerger, can't you just go to Tools->Junk Mail Controls->Adaptive Filter->Disable? Although I would have thought that marking those messages as Not Junk would eventually do the trick.
roYal

Post by roYal »

i never post on these forums, but I just have to say, this is the 1st time ThunderBird is actually catching most of my spam now. Thanks so much for implementing the new algorhythm.
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Does the 2004-03-15-14-trunk include these new Junk etc features? I am confused about these builds ;-]
FluffyOne

Post by FluffyOne »

EDITED to add OS info.

sasquatch wrote:Regarding the icons, I have yet to see a Windows NT 4.0 install have a proper icon. They all show up with horizontal lines through the icon, appearing corrupted somehow, but they work properly other than the looks.

Just wondering if anyone else having this problem, and if this installer build fixes that issue.

Thanks.

I can verify this with release 0.5 (and all builds that I've tried to date). I usually just install the Antiseptic Mozilla icon set which stop my eyes bleeding.

I'm using WinNT v4 SP6a fully patched.

Ronny
Last edited by FluffyOne on March 16th, 2004, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kallisti

Post by Kallisti »

Michael Buschbeck wrote:
mjc wrote:I've been seeing the same thing in recent IDLE-enabled builds... that is, rarely-used folders are occasionally highlighted even though no new mail is in them.

A few minutes ago I got notified of new mail in a folder that never had gotten any mail before; in fact, it's empty (and just the parent folder of several subfolders).

This time the actual folder which had received the message was highlighted as well, however.

I'm seeing this also, and it's making biff useless for me. I get false new mail-notifications every minute. I go in and look at each of the folders and they recount showing no new mail. Just seconds after I get a new biff-notice (with the same folders, or new ones). I've actually seen this on and off for a couple of month but now it's crossed the line from annoying to irritating! :)

Keep up the good work, all!

/Kallisti
uggi

Post by uggi »

What are the MSF files anyway? Should I delete them before I start re-training?
And can I safely delete them from my POP3 account without losing any messages moved from the server to my computer?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

FluffyOne wrote:EDITED to add OS info.

Thanks.

I can verify this with release 0.5 (and all builds that I've tried to date). I usually just install the Antiseptic Mozilla icon set which stop my eyes bleeding.

I'm using WinNT v4 SP6a fully patched.

Ronny

Same here, WinNT 4.0 SP6a fully patched (also did it with SP5 I believe).
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Kallisti wrote:...

now it's crossed the line from annoying to irritating! :)

Keep up the good work, all!

/Kallisti

???

;-)
djst

Re: 2004-03-12 Weekly Build Now Available (Win32)

Post by djst »

mscott wrote:We now have a new set of emoticons (smileys) thanks to the pinstripe authors for donating these to us.

The new smileys really is a big improvement, but I have to say the ;) smiley looks very strange: Image
Looks like something's wrong with his eye...
jmontana

No biff?

Post by jmontana »

The junk mail filter is much improved; very psyched. The bad news is I'm not getting biffs at all anymore. Anyone else not getting any notifications?
djbrock

Post by djbrock »

uggi wrote:What are the MSF files anyway? Should I delete them before I start re-training?
And can I safely delete them from my POP3 account without losing any messages moved from the server to my computer?

I can't tell you from a technical perspective what MSF files are, but they apparently hold much of the information about the email in the files. When you delete them, the next time you access that file it has to rebuild the index. The reason I delete them (based upon advice in the forum) is that it unmarks all the junk mail that is marked as junk. That way it does not confuse the filter as it would if you unmarked them by hand.
uggi

Post by uggi »

djbrock wrote:The reason I delete them (based upon advice in the forum) is that it unmarks all the junk mail that is marked as junk. That way it does not confuse the filter as it would if you unmarked them by hand.

This is getting confused for the user :shock: And, it seems that my Tbird is also confused. It just won't agree with my classification of spam and ham. There's some messages that it just doesn't want to recognize as spam. No matter how many times I manuallly mark them as spam, the next time I run the junk mail controls for the folder, it unmarks them again.