The Official Win32 20080903 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: The Official Win32 20080903 [Trunk] build is not yet out.

Post by malliz »

Is this a Mozilla Nightly thread or A Google Chrome one? Keep it on topic please.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Actually, its being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=829675
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

pal-moz wrote:about Google Chrome, why here ?
please create a new thread for it.

here is a Trunk thread.

So people will know that even Minefield is better? :P
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

I bet that Mozz wished that they would have moved full steam ahead with Fx4. Google made a decent step forward.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Come on guys. This thread is for Minefield issues. Not to discuss Google Chrome.

And as a side note, I asked a relevant question earlier and it got pushed to the side because of the off-topic chatter.

Thanks.

By the way, I can reproduce my issue in both WinXP and in Vista.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Omega X wrote:I bet that Mozz wished that they would have moved full steam ahead with Fx4. Google made a decent step forward.

Even without its extensibility, Minefield/FF3.1 has much to sell itself on. I certainly am not ready to jump ship for GChrome. However, that does not mean we cannot "learn" from GChrome. It would be nice to have JIT enabled, go to a page (tab) that cannot yet handle it and be able to "kill" the page (tab) without having the whole browser crash on us. That is much more efficient than having FF crash, restart it and then try to close the "bad" page (tab) soon enough to avoid another crash.

At this point, I have disabled JIT because of inadvertently "stumbling" upon a known crasher page/site. I hope the Tracemonkey patches mentioned earlier in this thread are in tomorrow's nightly.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

smsmith wrote:Come on guys. This thread is for Minefield issues. Not to discuss Google Chrome.

And as a side note, I asked a relevant question earlier and it got pushed to the side because of the off-topic chatter.

Thanks.

By the way, I can reproduce my issue in both WinXP and in Vista.

I think yours was discussed within the past 5 or so days. Since I haven't used that functionality I did not pay much attention to it. As I mentioned above, I'm waiting the Tracemonkey patches.
Ray

ltsnow

Post by ltsnow »

With JIT disabled ESPN doesn't crash, but TV Guide doesn't load the grid as noted earlier. Also, MLB doesn't load the scoring frame or the play by play page. This is true whether JIT is enabled or disabled.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=atl
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Anyone else get a security warning every time you close the Gmail tab? Nothing should be insecure if you're dropping the connection. What's that all about?
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Could somebody please confirm this: #453399 [Starting Firefox via web shortcut results in process hang, if more than one profile exists]

Thanks

False alarm. Bug is with 3.0 only. Thanks for playing. :lol:
Last edited by C@rb0n on September 2nd, 2008, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XtC4UaLL

Post by XtC4UaLL »

smsmith wrote:When I drag an image from a Firefox window to the desktop, the image used to be saved. Now, the image is saved as a JPG (or whatever filetype), but when I open it, it open Firefox, and the URL is the original image URL.

maybe fixed in (yet to come) today's Nightly by Bug 453062?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

XtC4UaLL wrote:
smsmith wrote:When I drag an image from a Firefox window to the desktop, the image used to be saved. Now, the image is saved as a JPG (or whatever filetype), but when I open it, it open Firefox, and the URL is the original image URL.

maybe fixed in (yet to come) today's Nightly by Bug 453062?

I hope. Thanks for finding that.

I did find the other discussion on this issue, but it seemed more like dragging the favicon to the desktop was the problem being described.

Dragging an image to the desktop isn't something I do everyday, but when I do need it, it's a handy feature.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
sdwilsh

Post by sdwilsh »

So, I ran SunSpider numbers on the latest build (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1pre) Gecko/20080902191608 Minefield/3.1b1pre) and on chrome. I figured I'd post so folks could see (it's very nice):
Chrome
Minefield
Problem Solver
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I can't ever get the tests to get past date-format-tofte.
sdwilsh

Post by sdwilsh »

smsmith wrote:I can't ever get the tests to get past date-format-tofte.

They just recently merged the tracemonkey branch again - the hourly that I tested had those changes. That issue should be fixed (was for me) in the latest nightly.
Problem Solver