GNOME-Tb

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Omar

GNOME-Tb

Post by Omar »

It's just a port of the GNOME stock icons for Thunderbird. There's a half dozen or so themes like this for Firefox, I figured mail/news shouldn't be left out.

Screenshots:
Main Window
Compose
Address Book

I hope everyone likes it, and if there's any bugs to be sorted you let me know. Download!
Last edited by Omar on October 20th, 2004, 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Omar

Post by Omar »

Extensions Supported:
Buttons!
Calendar
ChromEdit
Contacts Sidebar
Enigmail
Get All Mail Button
MagicSLR
MoreButtonsPlus
Purge
Outbox
Quicknote
Toggle Preview Pane

Theme Options:
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/background.css");
Change the background color to match Windows XP default

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/blue.css");
Replace green Previous/Next buttons with blue ones

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/zebra.css");
Adds alternating tree background colors (zebra stripes)
Last edited by Omar on November 5th, 2004, 10:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
zeroK

Post by zeroK »

Very very nice :-) The only thing I noticed so far, is that the "Decrypt"-button (Enigmail) blanks out, when being hovered or when no email is selected :-)
Omar

Post by Omar »

Glad you like it. :) The Decrypt button should be fixed now.
Gonzilla

Post by Gonzilla »

Fabulous-looking native Gnome on TB, its about time :D this theme could give Evolution mail a run for its money!!!!

Just one personal quirk though, Omar do you think its possible to place an icon beside mails that has been read? Not just for unread, replies etc. Without those icons my inbox is looking a bit "empty" than usual.... pretty please? :):):)

*edited for spelling*
Omar

Post by Omar »

You can do this with one of the subskins, just add this to the top of your userChrome.css file-
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/readicon.css");
Gonzilla

Post by Gonzilla »

Omar wrote:You can do this with one of the subskins, just add this to the top of your userChrome.css file-
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/readicon.css");

Yes! That did the trick. Cheers for the awesome theme :)
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Great theme! Thanks for the extension support. ;)

Also, what version of Thunderbird did you create this on? Seems like there has been some changes between the official 0.5 build and the latest nightlies so the dropdown buttons display a little weird.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
Omar

Post by Omar »

It was created on the official 0.5 milestone. I always get dropdowns and dropmarkers mixed up (or are they the same)- is it the one next to the buttons or the one in textboxes?
aab

Post by aab »

Thanks for good looking and clean theme.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Omar: Very nice. First theme I've even considered installing since the first release of 0.5a.

A few comments, based on Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040319) [installer version]:

1. On the Themes install panel, installing this theme leaves a blank space underneath"Mozilla Thunderbird", as though there was a theme there that is invisible.

2. In the main module, dragging the File icon onto the tool bar causes the icon to become text only, with no picture. (Granted this icon does not work yet, but that's something Scott is aware of.)

3. Similarly, in the Compose module, the QuickNotes icon loses its picture when placed on the toolbar.
chuonthis

Post by chuonthis »

Omar wrote:It was created on the official 0.5 milestone. I always get dropdowns and dropmarkers mixed up (or are they the same)- is it the one next to the buttons or the one in textboxes?

I was referring to the ones next to the buttons. In recent nightlies, I see thick dropdown markers I guess and when you open the dropdown, some of the items are larger than others.
chuonthis extensions: [fx] BookKey 0.0.1, OpenBook 2.0.1.1, Update Bookmark 0.0.5.1 [tb] Buttons! 0.5.3.2, DeleteJunk 0.3.2, Flipping the Thunderbird 0.0.0.1, Folderpane 0.0.5, NNWODC 0.2.3
Omar

Post by Omar »

John: That first bug is 234988, I think. I tried the 20040319 build but didn't see the other two you mentioned.

chuonthis: The same thing happens on other 3rd party themes but not on the default. Probably something they forgot to mention. :(
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Omar wrote:John: That first bug is 234988, I think. I tried the 20040319 build but didn't see the other two you mentioned.(

I missed the bug reference.

I realized several hours later that I forgot to check something, which I just did: The two icons that disappear only do that when you have selected "Use small icons" on the Customize popup; if you deselect that option, then the icons work properly.
Omar

Post by Omar »

The small icons are a bit too small for me, so I didn't test them out too much. But it should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.