[Ext] Save File to 2.5.5 - 2016-02-21

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
N3RI

Re: [Ext] Save File to 1.1

Post by N3RI »

ok ake79, I just uploaded the files for es_ES and es_AR to babelzilla.org

the problem was that on the project home page: http://savefileto.mozdev.org/source.html
the link to BabelZilla is wrong, it points to:
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... &type=lang
but, aparently it must link to:
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... &type=lang

Thats all for now, I hope yo have new soon about the implementation of this feature on the menu. Isn't it just change the order of the menus?
ake79

Post by ake79 »

Thanks for noticing that broken link. It used to work.

As for the change. Sure it's just a change in the order of menu items but because I want to keep also the original behavior, this needs to be a preference in the options dialog. Which means it needs a checkbox and label. Which means that the label's text needs to be translated. Which means it's when-I-have-free-time + when-all-the-translators-have-free-time. ;)
My extensions: Save File to | ThumbsDown
N3RI

Post by N3RI »

Ok, you are right. It's better to have an option on Preferences.

About my translation to es_ES, 3 friends of mine installed and tested it, so apparently there are no mistakes. The translated texts are on babelzilla now.
ake79

Re: [Ext] Save File to 1.2.1

Post by ake79 »

It took some time but 1.2.1 is finally out of the sandbox in amo.

Not much new in it. I added the preference to show recent folders above root folders as discussed above. There were also some changes in translations, a couple were added and a couple removed.

Future plans: Save File to will be updated for ff3.1 when amo allows that maxVersion. Though, I tested it with 3.1b1 and it seems that only a maxVersion bump is required for it work.
Gratua

Post by Gratua »

Hey all,

I've got a problem with this add-on. It worked fine when I had Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy), but since my upgrade to 8.10 (Ibex) it will not show one of the folders I want to add to it. When I pull up the preferences in Tools>Add-ons>Save File To>Preferences>Page>Root Folders it shows the correct path for the place I want. However, when I right-click>Save Image To it only shows me two listings. The first is to my home folder, the second to desktop. The only difference between these locations is that the one that doesn't show up is a hidden folder, as in '~//.NAME'. Please let me know if there is any more information you may need to help me with this.
ake79

Post by ake79 »

Gratua wrote:the preferences in Tools>Add-ons>Save File To>Preferences>Page>Root Folders it shows the correct path for the place I want.
However, when I right-click>Save Image To it only shows me two listings.

Is that a typo or just a simple mix up (see above quote emphasis)?

Anyway, you can add hidden folders to root folders but in sub-folders listings they are hidden. There used to be a preference to optionally show them in sub-folders also but I decided to remove it.

?
Gratua

Post by Gratua »

no, I meant the 'Page' tab of the preferences. And so are you saying I can add it to the preferences list, bet it won't show up? I'm slightly confused. But thank you for the quick response.
ake79

Post by ake79 »

Settings in 'Page' tab affect 'Save Page to' item in context menu. And settings 'Image' tab affect 'Save Image to' item in context menu. That's what I meant.

If you could take screenshots that shows your problem. Easier to communicate :) Something like this: http://savefileto.mozdev.org/screenshots.html.
Gratua

Post by Gratua »

.......omg...

that TOTALLY was it. damn if I don't feel retarded as hell now. again, many thanks on the quick responses.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

ake79: here's an example of a link that will save wrongly: http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/1 ... -2.1.1.zip The link really points to sourceforge and saves sourceforges download.php as Lingon-2.1.1.zip. What I'm after is the functionality that came with old DownloadManagerTweak extension, "add link to download queue", which would add the selected link to the queue and save whatever came from it...
ake79

Post by ake79 »

Well, technically speaking Save File to works just fine that link. If you "Save Link to..." on that link, it will save the resulting html page as you requested.

Of course I understand that this is not what people would like to happen in this case. They want the .zip file and not the web page. But it's kind of impossible for the extension to read people's mind. Sure, I could write some special code to handle sourceforge's download pages but then there would all the other hosts and their download pages, and keeping them all up-to-date when they make changes... Sorry, not going to happen.

(For the record, Download Manager Tweak would behave the same way, afaict. It would download the web page, not the .zip file.)

Thanks for the input, DMCrimson.

EDIT: There's of course GreaseMonkey and scripts like this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8263
v_test

Post by v_test »

Thanks for this wonderful extension!
Unfortunately the "Save as"-dialog on firefox 3.06 always opens.
I am not sure, if that's the case, because I've installed other extensions with similar functionality?
This is just a wish, I want to add:
What would be really great would be the ability to open and save zipped html-files. On firefox 3.1b2 this is even more straightforward to implement. Organizing and Backing up large folders with htmz-files would be easier and faster.
ake79

Post by ake79 »

v_test wrote:Thanks for this wonderful extension!
Unfortunately the "Save as"-dialog on firefox 3.06 always opens.
I am not sure, if that's the case, because I've installed other extensions with similar functionality?

You are sure that you have Save File to preference "Always open save dialog" unchecked. If it's not that, I guess it's a bug then. Or a conflict with some other extension, though that's unlikely.

Can you be a bit more specific. Did it work before in 3.0.5, or did you just install the extension? Does the dialog open always with all types (page, link, image) or just one? Does it really open always or just often/sometimes? Can you show your "browser.download.*" preferences [1]? What other extensions you have installed[2]? Does the problem go away if you disable every other extension except Save File to? Can you isolate the conflicting the extension by enabling/disabling the other extension (Goes faster if you disable/enable first half the extension, then disable/enable half of the remaining, and so on always halving the problematic set).

EDIT: Of course I forgot the most obvious question. Any error messages related to this in Tools > Error Messages?

Try first that extension disabling/enabling. Then, post back with answers and I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

This is just a wish, I want to add:
What would be really great would be the ability to open and save zipped html-files. On firefox 3.1b2 this is even more straightforward to implement. Organizing and Backing up large folders with htmz-files would be easier and faster.

Uhmm... Sorry, I don't follow. Can you explain a bit more what you are after.

[1] Go to your profile folder, open file "prefs.js" and copy any preferences that start with "browser.download.".
[2] I think there's some extension that can export your extension list as text. I don't know its name.
puddywooda

Post by puddywooda »

Very happy with this extension. Thank you.
w0mbat

Post by w0mbat »

ake79: thank you for very useful extension.
I have a little request also, if it is possible ;) It would be great if every setting of link/image target folder will contain "expand as submenu" switch (near the "name" and "path" fields). There are many cases folders don't need to be expanded and this will save some time for waiting submenu to open and moving to them, especially for big folders.
Sorry for my English )