Fresh Download in Firebird

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
maxgbw26

Fresh Download in Firebird

Post by maxgbw26 »

Along time now I use "Fresh Download" as my downloadaccellerator and like to do the same in Firebird, so I asked "Fresh Devices" if that is possible.
Here is their answer (it works!):

>To integrate FreshDownload Manager into Phoenix Browsers (FireBird) -
>Mozilla based web browsers. Copy&paste file named "fdplugin.dll" in
>FreshDownload folder as "npfd.dll" into: X:\Phoenix\plugins\

>If you can access Firebird massage board, please tell about this method. So
>many Firebird user ask about this problem.

>Regards,
>FreshDevices support team

maxgbw26
James

Post by James »

There is already info on how to get Fresh Download to work with Firebird.

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html#FreshDownload

Part of the problem is that new users unfortunately don't seem to notice the Plug-in FAQ bookmark link on the bookmark tool bar when they first use a new build of Firebird, otherwise the FreshDevices support team wouldn't be asked about this as often as you posted.
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

I've just sent a small e-mail off to their support team indicating this.

Post by Guest »

I have one problem. I did exactly that: copied 'fdplugin.dll' as 'npfd.dll' to plugin folder and now it works most of the time. Still, sometimes it don't. It seems that Freshdownload is opening only when downloading some types of files, like .exe or .zip but when I try to download some .rar file or some other file type, Firefox's download manager opens. How can I fix that?
ajhubble

Post by ajhubble »

Isn't there a custom filename extension field in Fresh Downloader where you can put in other ones? I seem to remember that. But don't know if it actually works in Firefox though.

Post by Guest »

ajhubble wrote:Isn't there a custom filename extension field in Fresh Downloader where you can put in other ones? I seem to remember that. But don't know if it actually works in Firefox though.

Yes there is, and I added those file extensions but it still doesn't work... :-(
cimenta

FreshDownload 6.90 in Mozilla Firefox

Post by cimenta »

James wrote:There is already info on how to get Fresh Download to work with Firebird.

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html#FreshDownload

Part of the problem is that new users unfortunately don't seem to notice the Plug-in FAQ bookmark link on the bookmark tool bar when they first use a new build of Firebird, otherwise the FreshDevices support team wouldn't be asked about this as often as you posted.

Hi all.

I've just installed Firefox. I got used to download things using FreshDownload but I don't know how to get it work.

I did read the FAQ. I copied and renamed dll but how can I 'Enable browser integration in FreshDownload preferences.' ???? I got FD 6.90. Could anybody send a screen shot of how to enable it?

Thank you

R.
Envinyatar

Post by Envinyatar »

I have version 7 of FreshDownload and I can't seem to get my Fresh Plugin to work either. :(

I have copied the relevant dll file to the plugins folder and renamed it to npfd.dll, set browser integration for for Mozilla in the FreshDownload options. But still it doesn't use FreshDownload when I download a file.

Oh, and I am using FireFox 0.8.
<br>
Be silly. Be honest. Be kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
fannymites

Post by fannymites »

I've been using Fresh Download for a while and although there are still occasional problems with some extensions, most now work.
When you want to download something you sometimes have to enable pop ups in Firefox.
Also, when something won't download, try using the "download bucket" option a few times, on mine it seems "learn" new extensions. After a while it started to automatically download them.

[Edit] I just remembered, when I first used it and had problems I re-installed it and left all the integration options as default, that also seemed to help.
InvisiBill

Post by InvisiBill »

You should encourage them to add support for adding new downloads from the commandline. FreshDownload.exe -newurl http://www.server.com/file.zip for example. Then you could use it with DownloadWith. Almost every other downloader I've seen supports this...

I believe the plugin they have simply intercepts some MIME types. GetRight's old plugin was similar. Anyway, if the server doesn't match what their plugin is looking for, it just won't work. DownloadWith is nice in that it integrates into the Save dialog, so Firefox gets the URL of the file and sends it to your downloader.

Post by Guest »

Can anyone tell me how do you

" copy fdplugin.dll to your browser's plugins folder and rename it to npfd.dll."

Like where do you get the fdplugin.dll and where do you find the plughins folder, how do you put it in and how do you rename it?
whiteshadow

Post by whiteshadow »

/
btreehouse

Post by btreehouse »

I stopped integrating download programs into my browsers because it eventually caused more problems.

I use Freshdownload (version 6.8 ). What I do is I use the extension
External Applications Button in my Firefox .9.2. I now have a freshdown load button in my toolbar. Anytime I want to use Freshdownload, I simply click the button.

Then if there is a file I want to download, I copy link location, paste it into freshdownload.

Tree 51192 running XP home, FF .9.2, extensions showimage 2.1, bookmark backup .3, Bugmenot .3, ieviw 8.1, External Applications Button .6.6.1, Adblock .5.2+, TBE 1.10.2004071201
cimenta

Post by cimenta »

fannymites wrote:I've been using Fresh Download for a while and although there are still occasional problems with some extensions, most now work.
When you want to download something you sometimes have to enable pop ups in Firefox.
Also, when something won't download, try using the "download bucket" option a few times, on mine it seems "learn" new extensions. After a while it started to automatically download them.

[Edit] I just remembered, when I first used it and had problems I re-installed it and left all the integration options as default, that also seemed to help.

In fact I don't know how I made FD work. I followed instructions but ...

Anyway FD plus the basket download most of the files but what I am REALLY missing is "download all with FD'. You would get a list of all files on the page and you can select which one you want to download. It is very handy sometimes...

R.
fannymites

Post by fannymites »

Apparently, "linky" extension is supposed to allow this, though it doesn't work for me.
You could give it a try.
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/linky