Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FF3Focus

Re: Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

Post by FF3Focus »

Just wanted to reiterate that installing Setpoint fixed my issue. It was not the root cause. Been a few days now and have not had the issue since installing Setpoint.
Confused67

Post by Confused67 »

Still same issue - full re-install of windows and fresh download.
Confused67

Post by Confused67 »

Rolled back to firefox 2 and it is working fine.

Post by Guest »

I've had the issue for the last few days. It doesn't occur at all times but manifests itself quite frequently. I can't click hyperlinks, bookmarks, or anything else clickable on the browser. I've pretty much stopped using firefox and have started using opera when it lets me down. Rapidly clicking the button, link, etc, usually allows me to click after a dozen or so tries.
DaveLevy

Post by DaveLevy »

I too have this problem. The mouse is either focused and active on the web page, or Firefox's controls. I move between them by using the task manager which I summon with buttons. (Thanks for pointing out that [Alt]&[Tab] also works).

I do not see this with Opera 9.52, nor IE7.0, nor any other applications including Thunderbird and Pidgin.

I am using Windows XP Professional 2002, SP2 (aren't we all windows people on this thread). I have just received Firefox 3.0.3, lets see if this makes it go away. I have removed the most recent add-on, which is Cool Iris. I have 4 Gb of RAM. I only get this on my laptop, the two desk tops seem OK, but I turn them off over night, whereas I just close the laptop's lid.

As I said above I use the task manager as a window switcher until I get bored then I reboot which has always worked to clear the behaviour. I am using Firefox now.

I have seen similar behaviour before with pidgin, and have pidgin's GTK+ libraries installed. Before reading this thread I though this might be the problem but I am not so sure now.

Post by Guest »

If anyone here is using a Nvidia Geforce 6200 with Turbocache, Nvidia just released a driver update for it which seems to have fixed the problem for me.
DaveLevy

Post by DaveLevy »

Thank you Guest.

I have discovered that my Nvidia driver has been waiting for an update for 6 months. Its the problem with using builds built by others [-X I now have the newest driver from the OEM i.e. Toshiba and I'll keep everyone in touch if the problem goes away. I have had a good day so far. :D
al_bickers

Post by al_bickers »

I seem to have the same problem. When I enter a URL, it loads, but I cannot click anything in the page. I have to change the focus (either using ALT+TAB or clicking another program). Then, I can click links in the window. When I return the focus to FF, I can choose to use the toolbar/address bar, etc or click in the page. Using the toolbar/address box/search box will make the links stop working in the page, clicking in the page will make the toolbar etc stop working. Using the context (right click) menu will make both the toolbar and the webpage stop working (need to change the focus again).

I've even removed all extensions, reinstalled FF (deleting all profiles and stored info, manually deleting the FF folder) uninstalled antivirus.

FF is good, but not good enough to deal with this - has anyone solved this? (I don't have an NVIDA card)
al_bickers

Post by al_bickers »

Anonymous wrote:I seem to have the same problem. When I enter a URL, it loads, but I cannot click anything in the page. I have to change the focus (either using ALT+TAB or clicking another program). Then, I can click links in the window. When I return the focus to FF, I can choose to use the toolbar/address bar, etc or click in the page. Using the toolbar/address box/search box will make the links stop working in the page, clicking in the page will make the toolbar etc stop working. Using the context (right click) menu will make both the toolbar and the webpage stop working (need to change the focus again).

I've even removed all extensions, reinstalled FF (deleting all profiles and stored info, manually deleting the FF folder) uninstalled antivirus.

FF is good, but not good enough to deal with this - has anyone solved this? (I don't have an NVIDA card)
I should also add that I have to ALT+TAB almost everytime I click a link too.
pancho346626

Post by pancho346626 »

same issue here. i thought it was a bug in version 3.0.3, so i switched back to 3.0.2, but the problem is still there.
pancho346626

Post by pancho346626 »

OK, firefox 2 it is. im gonna try firefox 3 again in december.......
JH-2

Post by JH-2 »

October-11-2008

Yep I'm having the same problem as well... the only way I can fix it is by clicking on an item on my windows taskbar..

FF version 3.0.3
It's happening every couple of seconds and it's very annoying.

Everything up to now has been working fine but all of a sudden this started to happened.. I didn't install any new add on's nor change any configurations with my FF browser...
Crotig

Post by Crotig »

This began happening to me today. At first thought my mouse was broken until I realised it was in firefox pages.

Tried a re-install fo firefox . No joy.
Tried registry mechanic , ad-aware, and avast anti virus scans. No joy.
Tried a re-install from acronis tru image of my operating system. No joy.
Tried a re-install of Logitech Setpoint latest version(6.4) from logitech download page and restarted. Problem has stopped.
Been clicking back and forward through pages no problems.

I don't know if the Setpoint was the issue or the Installation just inadvertantly fixed the real(unknown) issue or if it will continue to function normally.
All I know is that it is working for now.
DouglasD

Post by DouglasD »

It is ridiculous that there is no fix for this, just started happening to me too. I have no nvidia or setpoint.Really annoying.

Post by Guest »

Try going to windows update and doing a search for available updates. When I did this, an optional update appeared under the hardware category for my Nvidia card. This update fixed the problem for me.

If you're having this problem see if there are any optonal updates available for your video card.