[Ext] Hide Menubar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

[Ext] Hide Menubar

Post by yuoo2k »

Hide Menubar

Description: Supports to hide your Mainmenu Toolbar automatically, you can press the ALT key to show it temporarily.
Author: yuoo2k
AMO Page: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4762
Compatibility: Firefox 3.0+
License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

Install/Download: Official Release, All Versions, Latest DevBuild

Screenshot:
Localization: http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.p ... topic=3064
    If you would like to translate it to your language, please go to BabelZilla.org,
    find the HideMenubar project and register yourself as the HideMenubar's translator.
Developer Comments:
  • Before you report any problems, please try the DevBuild first. It might already fix your problem.
  • If your problem still happened, please help to create a new profile with only HideMenubar installed for testing if your other extensions conflict with HideMenubar.
  • I have to reproduce your problem, and then I can begin to debug and find out how to solve it.
    Please give me the problem's reproduce steps and what you can see in your error console. That will be helpful.
saivert

Re: [Ext] Hide Menubar

Post by saivert »

yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

saivert wrote:Norwegian locale uploaded here: http://home.no.net/nxs/files/hidemenuba ... locale.zip

If you would like to translate it to your language, please go to BabelZilla.org, find the HideMenubar project and register yourself as the HideMenubar's translator.
Mauzer

Post by Mauzer »

Thank you for your great and useful extension. Can you make an option to hide favorites bar ? I need it for Acer Aspire One, there is a very small monitor.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Mauzer wrote:Thank you for your great and useful extension. Can you make an option to hide favorites bar ? I need it for Acer Aspire One, there is a very small monitor.

Hello, I assumed that you would like to hide some of toolbars by using the hot key. If so, you may like to try other extensions with toolbar hiding ability.
I prefer to keep this extension focused on hiding the "Menubar" by ALT key, nothing more and nothing less, just keep it simple.
Thanks.
nadianosneb

Post by nadianosneb »

Anyway you could make this work for Thunderbird?? I would love that as it shows up on the thunderbird addons page, but doesnt install. Thanks,
a
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

nadianosneb wrote:Anyway you could make this work for Thunderbird?? I would love that as it shows up on the thunderbird addons page, but doesnt install. Thanks,
a

Unfortunately, I don't have the plan to support other application at the moment.
alex210

Post by alex210 »

Does HideMenubar will soon work with Firefox 3.1b1pre (Minefield) please ?
Thanks.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

alex210 wrote:Does HideMenubar will soon work with Firefox 3.1b1pre (Minefield) please ?
Thanks.

HideMenubar should work with fx3.1. If you want to be a Firefox beta version tester, how about try the Nightly Tester Tools.
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

I use it. very clean tool not other but to hide menubar for more space.
Johnny 5

Post by Johnny 5 »

yuoo2k wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have the plan to support other application at the moment.

Why not?

Wish I'd found this post earlier, cuz I tried several times to install it in TB foolishly thinking that it would since the instructions @ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4762 say so. Why would there be instructions on how install it in TB if it's not compatible with TB?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Johnny 5 wrote:Wish I'd found this post earlier, cuz I tried several times to install it in TB foolishly thinking that it would since the instructions @ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4762 say so. Why would there be instructions on how install it in TB if it's not compatible with TB?

That is AMO site's problem, I didn't write that instruction.
metal321

Post by metal321 »

This addon has stopped working for me. I have quite few addons, so I don't know if this is a compatibility issue. When I right click on the menu all I get are 'customize', and 'toolbar properties.' Anyone else have this problem?
Welkerfan

Post by Welkerfan »

In Firefox 3, this extension creates an error.

When the add-on is enabled, when one opens a new tab with <Ctrl>-T, the focus is not placed in the address bar, and one has to manually click or use <Ctrl>-L to place it there. This is similar to a problem in the default Firefox where the focus is not placed in the address bar when a new tab is opened in fullscreen mode.
drchapatin

Post by drchapatin »

as I come into the options menu bar to hide?