[Firefox] Lebreeze

Discuss application theming and theme development.
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

I decided to go with the changes...and I didn't even touch your code - in case folks would like to easily revert. I might make the changes more permanent later on. Thank you for taking the time to do this!
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

Kevin, whenver you get a chance to add the alternate css files can you please add one that compacts the menus together, in addition to the one the gets the old folder icons back, similar to how breeze has it so that users, such as myself, who have transfered over from breeze, get the compact menus they are accustomed to. I add the following code to my userChrome to achieve the desired results

Code: Select all

menupopup > menu,
popup > menu,
menupopup > menuitem,
popup > menuitem {
  margin: 0px !important;
  padding: 1px !important;
}

popup[type="autocomplete"],
.autocomplete-history-popup {
  padding: 0px !important;

}

And the pulsating progress bar is very subtle, gotta go to a page that takes a while to load and stare at the progress bar, but its simply amazing.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

springofdark wrote:CatThief: Thank you taking the time to assist me in working through this issue! I will trust your judgement - especially considering that I haven't been able to test on other builds. What I have found out, however, is that the menu arrows return to the theme when I switch to one of aaron's themes. I tried copying his code into both popup.css and menu.css, but the arrows still wouldn't show up. I'm going to assume that it is a build issue until the 0.9 release. And...yes, the theme is based off of Breeze2.

Well then Aaron simply *must* provide us with the magic cure!!! Aaron??? :)
I too compared my code against one of his own themes and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. The only difference I see, and this should not be anything significant, is that he is using Upper Case filenames for the arrow images (Menu-arrow.png as opposed to menu-arrow.png), but as long as the case specified in the css file matches the case of the file names there should not be a problem. The biggest bugger of all how this is not an issue with everyone (myself included). I sure do hope this really is a build issue. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the cause isn't found before then.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

Falcon, I just uploaded your requested modifications. The files you inquired about have a -legacy suffix on them. Is this what you were looking for?

Ozphactor: I'm a little stuck on the MNG throbber. Encoding & Decoding support seems to be a bit spotty across the board at the moment (although GIMP 2.0 supposedly has great support). If you would like to play around with the possibility, however, I have uploaded a MNG animation at http://www.alazanto.org/lebreeze/throbber.mng Using the official MNG plugin, the animation would not erase the previous frame as it played through. I couldn't even get the firefox extension to work.

CatThief: I'm still betting on it being a build issue. If it is apparent for some people while not so for others. From what we know, the behavior is triggered by something within browser.css...Later tonight, I might troubleshoot if I have the time. Thank you again for the help!!!
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

springofdark wrote:Falcon, I just uploaded your requested modifications. The files you inquired about have a -legacy suffix on them. Is this what you were looking for?

Not really, aarons themes allow you to add

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/nativetabs.css");
for example, to the userChrome so that alternate appearances for themes can be used.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

You changed the ordering of the images for folders so the code should be

.bookmark-item   {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/folder-item.gif") !important;
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 16px, 16px, 0px)
}

.bookmark-item[container="true"] {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
}
.bookmark-item[open="true"],
.bookmark-item[container="true"][open="true"] {
  -moz-image-region: rect(16px, 32px, 32px, 16px) !important;
}
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

Not really, aarons themes allow you to add
Code:
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/nativetabs.css");
for example, to the userChrome so that alternate appearances for themes can be used.

Yeah, that's pretty much how subthemes work. Simply pack the alternate stylesheets with your theme (but don't load them), and let the user link to whichever they want to "activate" through their userChrome.css.

And the pulsating progress bar is very subtle, gotta go to a page that takes a while to load and stare at the progress bar, but its simply amazing.

Must be... I couldn't notice it at all. ;)
Last edited by ozphactor on April 4th, 2004, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

Ozphactor: I'm a little stuck on the MNG throbber. Encoding & Decoding support seems to be a bit spotty across the board at the moment (although GIMP 2.0 supposedly has great support). If you would like to play around with the possibility, however, I have uploaded a MNG animation at http://www.alazanto.org/lebreeze/throbber.mng Using the official MNG plugin, the animation would not erase the previous frame as it played through. I couldn't even get the firefox extension to work.

Actually, I have no experience at all with MNG animations, I was just hoping someone else did. :P Will have to look into that later...

In the meantime, though, could we just have a transparent version of the GIF throbber? The current throbber is fine, all I need is for the grey pixels to be replaced by transparent ones (sorry, can't figure out how to do it myself :P).
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

I think I understand where you two are coming from. Wow...what a neat option for power users. I wish I knew about this long ago (especially before I started making themes). I created "subskin" dir in chrome://global/skin into which I copied the following (altered css files):

browser.css (browser/browser.css)
global.css
menu.css
toolbar.css
tree.css
throbber16-anim.gif (with transparency)
throbber16-amin.mng (with alpha) - in a perfect world this would work

Will this work? It will be interesting to make the theme far more customizable by power users. One question though, how do I differentiate global/browser.css and browser/browser.css?

Oh yes, the new file is uploaded.
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

Theres a mistype in the menu.css file

.menu-right[disabled="true"] {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/menu/menu-arrow-disabled.gig") !important;
}
should be

.menu-right[disabled="true"] {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/menu/menu-arrow-disabled.gif") !important;
}
and take a look in the menu arrow posting i figured out the problem and lynchknot has confirmed my findings as well as my fix :).
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

By the way, the new throbber16-anim.gif in your subskin directory is still a little off. It's transparent now, but it seems to be antialiased against white, rather than light grey. Looks pretty ugly... :P

[EDIT: Removed screenshot.]
Last edited by ozphactor on April 8th, 2004, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

Okay...sit tight, I will upload another file in about 15 minutes with both fixes...however, I need a while to figure out how to adjust tha matte for animated gifs (using imageready 7)
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

uploaded

Oz, put this in your userchrome to get the desired affect: (works with the latest patch)

tab[selected="true"][busy] > .tab-icon {
display: inline;
list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/throbber16-anim.gif") !important;
}

tab[selected="false"][busy] > .tab-icon {
display: inline;
list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/throbber16-animdk.gif") !important;
}

Falcon, the fix is a no go for me... I'll fool around with the file a bit more, however. Perhaps I overlooked something while doing the fix. What did you change again?
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

Awesome!

There was a minor bug in the code above, by the way. Links that opened in the background would not display the throbber initially, because of the way you wrote your selectors. I replaced tab[selected="false"] with tab:not([selected="true"]) and everything is in working order! :D

EDIT: Heh, I just noticed a subtle trip-up that ruins the faux MNG effect. Flipping through tabs while the throbber is in action will "restart" the animation whenever the loading tab's selected/non-selected state changes. This is because the image is being swapped out each time, so I suppose there's no way to get a truly seamless animation without MNG. :|
Last edited by ozphactor on April 4th, 2004, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
springofdark

Post by springofdark »

wow...you sure know your CSS...I spend way too much time cussing at rendering limitations in Tasman revision 1 and not enough time studying this cool stuff. Enough with this herd mentality in web design...time to start marching to the tune of my own drummer (css wise)