Forms not submitting in latest builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
stymiee

Forms not submitting in latest builds

Post by stymiee »

For the last three days I've downloaded nightly builds but they have been unusable because I cannot submit forms with them. I click on the submit button after completing a form but nothing happens. It just sits there. The forms work in .8 and other browsers so it is a nightly build thing, for me anyway. Is it just me or is this something others are experiencing?
Julan

Re: Forms not submitting in latest builds

Post by Julan »

stymiee wrote:For the last three days I've downloaded nightly builds but they have been unusable because I cannot submit forms with them. I click on the submit button after completing a form but nothing happens. It just sits there. The forms work in .8 and other browsers so it is a nightly build thing, for me anyway. Is it just me or is this something others are experiencing?

Everything is working for me.
Xu

Post by Xu »

What type of forms are you having problems with?
I have experienced problems with submiting logins in the past with the same result as you describe... press the submit button and nothing happens.

If it's the case of logins you could try removing the site from the password manager and trying it again, or more likely, go into signons.txt and remove the site from there.
stymiee

Post by stymiee »

I'll try that.

It's happening with all forms. Basic Authentication works fine, though.
bangbang023

Post by bangbang023 »

I had that problem months ago. Still not sure what I did to fix it.
stymiee

Post by stymiee »

That seems to have fixed it. I guess for now I'll stick to an older build and see if this shakes itself out. I'd hate to have to delete that file and start from scratch.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I don't see a file called signons.txt. stymiee, what did you do that fixed the problem?

(Btw, this sounds like http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=221654. I remember Bryner fixing that bug, and this is the first complaint I've heard with a build after the fix.)
stymiee

Post by stymiee »

It's in the Firefox folder in the application data folder. I simply removed the entry for forums.mozzilazine.org (as a test sample) and then restarted the browser. I was then able to login. I then went to a new site that I have previously been able to login to and could not do so.

BTW, that bug comes up as non-existant in bugzilla.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

The link is broken because Mozillazine is buggy and included the period in the link. Remove the period and it will work.
stymiee

Post by stymiee »

Seems to be the same problem. Should I post it in bugzilla (reopen that bug) or do you guys want to pick my brain first and verify that it's not a local problem?
Xu

Post by Xu »

Ive had it happen a couple of times around the 3-26 builds. It was shortly after running a fresh build on an old profile and reinstalling a couple of the extensions that don't carry over. I don't remember what phase the moon was in, hard to reproduce.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

stymiee wrote:Seems to be the same problem. Should I post it in bugzilla (reopen that bug) or do you guys want to pick my brain first and verify that it's not a local problem?

Post it in Bugzilla, but as a new bug. It might have a different cause than 221654, and it seems to affect fewer users than 221654 did. Add a comment to bug 221654 linking to the new bug, though.

If you can create a signons.txt that breaks form submission (but that doesn't contain any sensitive information such as your passwords), that will probably make it much easier for bryner to fix the bug. Btw, I don't have a signons.txt at all; my passwords seems to be in a file called 47163450.s.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Nu|| wrote:Ive had it happen a couple of times around the 3-26 builds... I don't remember what phase the moon was in

<a href="http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html">Waxing crescent.</a>
Xu

Post by Xu »

Jesse wrote:
Nu|| wrote:Ive had it happen a couple of times around the 3-26 builds... I don't remember what phase the moon was in

Waxing crescent.
Think I have seen one of thoes somewhere before... Image

I have the signons.txt file that breaks the mozillazine login from my last encounter. Before i knew it was possible to just go in and delete the specific site i had move it out of my profile and just let it create a new one. I have a copy that I have removed all the other listings from except for the mozillazine one, and it still breaks the login with a clean profile.
Should i just send it to bryner from his email in bugzilla?
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

I was having the same problem, but now it's fixed simply from deleting the signon in the signons.txt. All is well. Now, I can log into neowin again :) Thanks!