Flash 10 released

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

phiw13

Flash 10 released

Post by phiw13 »

Flash 10 is not now officially out. For those of us who've been suffering 'just a little' from perf issues, this release is a significant improvement (s*cks less… 8-) ).

Bad news for those on 10.3.x and older: minimum requirement is OS 10.4.x.

Hmm, and what's wrong at Adobe, they use a real OS X installer (Installer.app) instead of their custom one ?
8-bit

Re: Flash 10 released

Post by 8-bit »

On my way over to get it....

Using a real, live, OS X installer? Are you sure you didn't download a trojan? :P Hopefully, this will help with permissions problems, but I'll still be checking...
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

8-bit wrote:Using a real, live, OS X installer? Are you sure you didn't download a trojan? :P

Now that you mention it: the 'where from' in the Get Info says fpdownload.macromedia... What should I do, call my goldfish ?

8-bit wrote:Hopefully, this will help with permissions problems, but I'll still be checking...

Did I mention permissions ? :shock:
Let's not get overboard here, those are still honest-to-$deity-wrong. One step at the time !
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

I have Console set to bounce in the dock and come to the fore whenever something is written to it. After installing 10r12 every site that has flash on it causes Debugger() was called! to be written to it. What is that about? Me don't like Console messages with ! at the end. Anyone else seeing this? I dunno, possibly it's nothing to worry about?

Oh, the installer should make CL a little bit happier about Flash now. =D>
davedit

Post by davedit »

Could anyone tell me if Flash 10 will play videos from nfl.com properly? Like for example here. The betas never worked properly... Not sure whose fault that is. :/
Camino Themes and Stuff (If that doesn't work, try the mirror)
Pimp My Camino
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

davedit wrote:Could anyone tell me if Flash 10 will play videos from nfl.com properly? Like for example here. The betas never worked properly... Not sure whose fault that is. :/

Worked fine. let me know if you get the "Debugger() was called!" written in Console...
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

8-bit wrote:I have Console set to bounce in the dock and come to the fore whenever something is written to it. After installing 10r12 every site that has flash on it causes Debugger() was called! to be written to it. What is that about? Me don't like Console messages with ! at the end. Anyone else seeing this? I dunno, possibly it's nothing to worry about?

Has been spamming my console ever since I started installing the beta versions. I think somebody at Adobe forgot to turn off a debugging flag. It does the same in any browser.

But that's nothing. Try loading a page with Silverlight content in Safari/WebKit (if you have the latest version of the Silverlight plugin). I got 4 pages in Console.
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

phiw13 wrote:Has been spamming my console ever since I started installing the beta versions. I think somebody at Adobe forgot to turn off a debugging flag. It does the same in any browser.

Adobe spam in the console - for shame :cry: Thanks for letting me know.

phiw13 wrote:But that's nothing. Try loading a page with Silverlight content in Safari/WebKit (if you have the latest version of the Silverlight plugin). I got 4 pages in Console.

Uh..........I'll just take your word for it :shock:
davedit

Post by davedit »

8-bit wrote:
davedit wrote:Could anyone tell me if Flash 10 will play videos from nfl.com properly? Like for example here. The betas never worked properly... Not sure whose fault that is. :/

Worked fine. let me know if you get the "Debugger() was called!" written in Console...

Thanks, glad that it works now! And yeah I see that in Console whenever I load a site with Flash.
Camino Themes and Stuff (If that doesn't work, try the mirror)
Pimp My Camino
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

Not only did these idiots leave a Debugger() call in the release version, it (predictably) crashes Camino (well, sends it to the debugger) whenever it's hit while you're running a debug build. I can't believe this made it all the way to release with that call in it.

cl
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

cflawson wrote:Not only did these idiots leave a Debugger() call in the release version, it (predictably) crashes Camino (well, sends it to the debugger) whenever it's hit while you're running a debug build. I can't believe this made it all the way to release with that call in it.

Someone (at least on person) has reported this debugger thing to Adobe, right?
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

Yeah, I'm talking with one of their devs now.
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

cflawson wrote:Not only did these idiots leave a Debugger() call in the release version, it (predictably) crashes Camino (well, sends it to the debugger) whenever it's hit while you're running a debug build. I can't believe this made it all the way to release with that call in it.

but.....but... you should be so happy with the new installer package that surely this is inconsequential. :wink:
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Uncle Asad wrote:Someone (at least on person) has reported this debugger thing to Adobe, right?

It was mentioned in their beta forums once, iirc. Not sure if there have been follow up posts.
paulc

Post by paulc »

At least it's only a very small amount of text that is written in console calling the debugger.... I'm sure it will get changed in the next point release.

FAR more significant is that fact the beta didn't play videos at several major sites, SI, CNN, and NFL to name 3. CNN and NFL now work with this release version, so I'm a happy camper.