Request: Download manager intergration; Mockup provided

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
icemountain

Post by icemountain »

Hi. This extension works great. It will be good to add this extension to Extension Room so that we can all find it easily.
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

icemountain wrote:Hi. This extension works great. It will be good to add this extension to Extension Room so that we can all find it easily.

I beleive the author is planning (or has already) intergrated this into the 0.7 version. As soon as he releases it we will update Extension-Room and you'll find it there :)
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

gbitten is finishing out the options panel, then 0.7 should be released. It was supposed to be out this week, but I don't think he had time to finish it. He told me the other day it is almost ready though. I think I said this before, but it's gonna have my dialog overlay (in a Mozilla compatible form) and it will have download monitoring, using a method that should work all the time (including redirects) except for when auto-download is turned on.
icemountain

Post by icemountain »

Paradox52525 wrote:gbitten is finishing out the options panel, then 0.7 should be released. It was supposed to be out this week, but I don't think he had time to finish it. He told me the other day it is almost ready though. I think I said this before, but it's gonna have my dialog overlay (in a Mozilla compatible form) and it will have download monitoring, using a method that should work all the time (including redirects) except for when auto-download is turned on.

Cool to hear that. I'll be eagerly awaiting the new release. :)
gbitten

Post by gbitten »

DownloadWith 0.0.7 is avaliable
New features:
- Merge with Paradox mod
- Works with Mozilla suite
- Automatic download per extension
- Enable and disable show URL on context-menu

http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/
babba

Post by babba »

I just d/l it and it works just fine,this automatic d/l by extension feature,gonna be a great hit,i think.

@Edit@
So far works very good with the star downloader free edition.You can make different categories to save to some defaults folders based to the downloaded extension.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

I know a lot of people wanted Leechget 2004 support, apparently it does have undocumented command-line support. I found the necessary switches by poking around in their Mozilla context menu extension, so here they are ^_^

Identification: Leechget Download
Label: Leechget Download
Command: C:\Program Files\Leechget 2004\Leechget.exe
Arguments: -url [URL]

Identification: Leechget Wizard
Label: Leechget Wizard
Command: C:\Program Files\Leechget 2004\Leechget.exe
Arguments: -wizard [URL]
kaibab

Post by kaibab »

Have you gotten anywhere with NetTransport?
I have tried and tried working with it but to no avail
I am also awaiting any word from the author of that program for commandline arguments
Think I will resend an email to him
(I really don't want to use the "catch a link" thing that is available with the program)
Duriel

Post by Duriel »

I don't quite see any problem during the use of NetTransport. DownloadWith 0.7 is attaching it to the download with box as well as most other downloadmanagers.
arana

automatic download by extensions is not working

Post by arana »

xp pro (no sp2)
firefox pr 1.0

automatic works for all files but if i select only some (zip and exe)
then it just does nothing.

bah just when i was writing this i noticed i dont have to add the dot .zip etc
just what it has after the dot lol (zip)

so its all good, now what about that multi ????

there is an extension called reget_pl that does this DOWNLOAD ALL with reget deluxe thing, maybe you can lookup that code to see how they do it. (but then again maybe its just something specifically for reget) i think there should be the option of DOWNLOAD WITH to send just the actual page url to the dld manager , (even if its no a link) that way most dld managers will open its multiple dld dialogs
arana

Post by arana »

btw i think reget is the best dld manager for my use, but i dont use the reget_dl extension because its almost not configurable, it grabs some files that should not be grabbed (like some index.php try browsing these forum with reget_pl installed it will grab viewtopic.php login.php etc, it might be problems with php only, not sure) so i like its hability to do the DOWNLOAD ALL with, but i dont like it being dlding things i dont want, any chance of making the " download all by "dldwith work with download with?

WOOOHOOOO i meesed into the reget_pl extension (get it from reget site its called reget plugin or reget_pl) , the problem is not there that extension works great (FOR THOSE THAT USE REGET) you just have to include the file extension your reget is getting , to the IGNORE LIST of reget for mozilla browsers, now i have it, working with referers and download all with etc, just as it did in IE , now im a happy 100% firefox user with my reget working aws it should.