Firefox not displaying web pages correctly

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Confused Student

Firefox not displaying web pages correctly

Post by Confused Student »

Hello my firefox has been working great and i prefer it over IE but today it seems to have suddenly decided not to display web pages correctly, i tryed reinstalling but that doesn't seem to fix the problem so i assume it was something i did. I think its just not rendering the visuals, as all it shows is a list of links ,is this an option that can be turned and off? IE works fine for me.
Euchre

Re: Firefox not displaying web pages correctly

Post by Euchre »

If it's all become plain text in default font, size, and colors then you've probably done something to bork the CSS handling. Do you have Adblock Plus installed? Stylish? Did you try starting Firefox in Safe Mode?
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
Confused Student

Thx for quick reply.I have Adblock installed dont think I have stylish. How do you start it in safe mode?
Confused Student

Found the porblem is add block once i disabled it it seems to work fine thx for the help
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

You probably accidentally created a rule in Adblock like *.css or some such. You could remove any such rule or clear all your rules out and just add in the EasyList rules, which takes care of the vast majority of ads served on the internet.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
SS Bosshard

Post by SS Bosshard »

Under Tools - Privacy - History - Use Custom Settings - this solved a Fox News display problem for me.
trolly

Post by trolly »

You reply is a bit late. The thread was dead for nearly a year and about an earlier version of Firefox. Locking now.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.