Firefox crashes when trying to print

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
juanortiz

Firefox crashes when trying to print

Post by juanortiz »

I have firefox3 installed on my desktop and stable while navigating from site to site but when I try printing, firefox will crash every time. I am using PCLINUXOS 2007 as my OS The cash happens on any web page when I click file>print, ctrl+p or file>page setup. Print preview works OK. After a crash I am able to restore the session. My LexmarkT522 printer works fine with every other application, OpenOffice, Kwrite, lpr in a terminal session and the Konqueror browser. I removed and reinstalled firefox3 and rolled back to the previous version all using synaptic pkg manager with the same result. I checked the about:config file and the printer is identified. My laptop runs SUSE 11/Windows Vista and prints fine. I can not pinpoint when this began but I think it was after I updated to firefox3. Thanks for your ideas :)
the-edmeister

Re: Firefox crashes when trying to print

Post by the-edmeister »

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
zoesdad

Post by zoesdad »

Hi - I'm having the same problem. Began when I updated to FF3. Running Mac OS X 10.5.4. The above mentioned "reset" link is not working. Any other thoughts?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Try that link later, I think the KB is down right now - I haven't been able to get to any KB page for the last 15 minutes or so.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
zoesdad

Post by zoesdad »

Still no luck for me. When I print to a physical printer, or choose Save to PDF, FF3 will crash. FF3.0.1; Mac OSX 10.5.4.
geoffoliver

Post by geoffoliver »

I'm having a similar problem. FF 2.0.0.16 on Win XP randomly crashes when printing a page.
hodges

Post by hodges »

I have the same problem. I'm running FF v3.0.1 on ubuntu 6.10. I have tried the "reset" of print.print_printer and it didn't work -- i.e. after restarting FF, loading a simple web page and selecting File->Print, FF crashes after the Print dialog window starts to be rendered.

Help!

thanks,
=JeffH
Gillianbabe

Post by Gillianbabe »

Same issue here, as well, with a crash as soon as the job is sent to the printer. I can save a PDF and then print with success, but raw web pages are a fail.

I'm using Firefox 3.0, Mac OSX 10.5.5

Post by Guest »

I can confirm the same problem: Firefox 3.0.3 crashes quite often when
trying to print a web page to PDF (using Mac built-in print-to-pdf
capabilities).
I'm using a MacBook Pro first generation runing under Mac OS 10.4.11.
Unlike others who posted in here, I'm actually able to open the print-
dialog more than once per session.
Until now I wasn't able to identify the exact/relevant circumstances
that lead to the crash, which appears to happen randomly.
Hope the Mozzila Fondation developers are able to fix this soon.

__Extensions installed:__
Adblock Plus
Better Gmail 2
Dictionnaire HunSpell en Français 2.0
Froxmarks Bookmark Syncronizer 2.5.3
United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
Verificação ortográria pt-BR 1.1
WOT 20081020

Thème: Defautl 3.0.3

__Plugins Installed:__
Default Plug-in
DivX Web Player
Flip4Mac 2.2.1
Java Embedding 0.9.6.4
Quick Time 7.5.5
RealPlayer
Shockwave
Unity Web Player

Post by Guest »

Same here, it crashes as soon as I click the File->print option from the menu. Firefox 3.0.1 on OpenSuse 10.2.
CBLASTER

Post by CBLASTER »

same here, ubuntu ibex, FF 3.0.3
StillUsingTreeSlices

Post by StillUsingTreeSlices »

same here on Fedora 6: print dialog listing available printers shows for less than a second and then the browser closes and the bug emailer dialog pops up indicating it is sending the bug report to Mozilla. I've tried the print.print_command reset suggestion, and some other things, but nothing has worked. I had everything printing fine in FireFox 2, but now printing fails 100% of the time. I guess i have to revert back to FF2, and warn all my friends to avoid FF3. ;-)
Dogger Dog

Post by Dogger Dog »

I've heard that it's related to the Glider theme, or other themes for that matter. Hardy had the same problem (for Ubuntu users). I haven't tried the fix yet (I've been researching all day from work!), which is to switch to the default desktop theme and then try it. So if you don't like brown (in Ubuntu), you're screwed...
ugozot

Post by ugozot »

I have the same problem to print PDF from web in Mac OSX 10.5.5. So now I still use Firefox 2.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

What Printers?
What printer software, HP, FOO or Cups?
What printers show in the page setup panel?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you