I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Kwetch

I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Post by Kwetch »

So... I like Pheonix and have been using it for some time. I now want to upgrade to a newer version.
Being lazy I have let P remember all manner of usernames and passwords for me and have not kept a seperate record of them.

Is there a way I can display this stuff now; or a way to assure it gets completly transfered if I install a newer version of Phoenix? ( I would prefer a no or yes with instructions, not good advice about my habits )
johann_p

Offtopic *sight*

Post by johann_p »

go to a phoneix forum.
michel v

Post by michel v »

( This is a general Mozilla question IMHO, since his problem can be met in Mozilla too. )

Try moving some of your Phoenix profile files to a Mozilla profile, and then check your passwords with Mozilla's password manager. Or wait for Phoenix to get the password manager UI (it shouldn't take that long?).
priior

Post by priior »

a lot of sites keep usernames and passwords in your cookies..

so.. u might gain back access to a lot of sites by simply copying the cookies.txt file fromthe moz dir to the phoenix dir. (on a windows system, they should be under c:\document and settings\username\application data\ etc... )

i know this doesnt really answer your question, but might be of some assistance. :)