Firefox 3.0.4 not working with online Bank of America!!!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FirefoxRulez

Firefox 3.0.4 not working with online Bank of America!!!!

Post by FirefoxRulez »

I just did fresh download of firefox 3.0.4..no other Add-Ons or plug-ins
beside the basic once you need like flash and adobe acrobat.

when I go to bank of america online banking..first page won't load image properly..after singing into website
again image won't load properly they look like some of them are broken..it won't load tabs properly also..if I do this
in IE I have no problem everything show up just fine.

One big problem with firefox 3.0.4 it will sometime in middle of the doing something on website
it will have "Connection Interrupted" problem and/or it will crash it. again I haven't mess with about:config or anything else

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Firefox needs to test these websites fully and make sure they work.
C_T

Re: Firefox 3.0.4 not working with online Bank of America!!!!

Post by C_T »

Try clearing the cache and any/all cookies you have stored for that site.

Tools/Clear Private Data/Cache.

Tools/Options/Privacy/Cookies/Show Cookies.
FirefoxRulez

Post by FirefoxRulez »

ya I done that like 1000times..well not 1000 times but i have cleared every time..i close and reopen firefox..i think it has to do with image load because all banks has there safe site key image or something..which checks every time you do something but firefox doesn't load some image or something properly which causes it to crash or connection inter. problem..i am not sure how firefox deals with that..
EB743

Post by EB743 »

Hi...did you previously use FF to access BofA? Before downloading 3.04? I know that in the short time I was using BofA I was never able to use FF and went to IEview in order to do my business. I don't think it's the image thing since Citi has always been easy with FF.

EB
Old age is not for sissies!!
tpm419

Post by tpm419 »

I access BofA all the time using FF3 and do not have any issues
Tom
FirefozRulez

Post by FirefozRulez »

EB743 wrote:Hi...did you previously use FF to access BofA? Before downloading 3.04? I know that in the short time I was using BofA I was never able to use FF and went to IEview in order to do my business. I don't think it's the image thing since Citi has always been easy with FF.

EB

ya I used Firefox 3.0.3 and never had any problem..with the firefox 3.0.4 I even create new profile to test it. still problem exists in firefox 3.0.4..Firefox really need to fix test there functionality to these kind of banking system..I really hate using IE..and I don't want to use any other web browser.. [-X ](*,)
tpm419

Post by tpm419 »

Try disabling your add ons and see if it works. Only problem I see with BofA is that you must go back to "Account overview" when switching tabs. Cannot go from transfer to bill payment, must go back to Account Overview first. Not much of a problem however. I am using 3.04
Good luck to you
Tom
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What happens in safe mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode This will disable all the add-ons temporarily
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
FirefoxRulez

Post by FirefoxRulez »

@tmp419: please read my first post..as I mention before i don't have any extra add-ons and plug-ins..its fresh install of firefox 3.0.4

@ LoudNoise I ran it in the Safe mode also..same thing.
tpm419

Post by tpm419 »

I can only say that many people I know including myself use the latest FF on several computers running both Vista and Xp while accessing Bank of America's web site. It has to be something to do with your computer. Could flash have something to do with it? maybe an uninstall / reinstall?
Wish I could be of more help
Tom
leanID

Post by leanID »

Try turning off Popup blocker in 3.04. BA has a random popup that won't let you proceed untill you answer a question.
catalin

Post by catalin »

Aight this same thing is happening to me. I've been using FF with BofA's website for a few months now and since I updated to 3.0.4 i can't view the page any more. When I check the page source it's all there but I get a blank page. Just a white page with 'Done' in the status bar. I'm running XP if that matters.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Clear your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network, Clear Now button.

If you are still having problems delete any cookies that have to do with the site. Tools --> Options --> Privacy, Show Cookies button

If you are not using Windows see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac

What happens in safe mode?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Niftium

Post by Niftium »

Try viewing your list of exceptions. For some reason, when I installed 3.0.4, some sites were automatically assigned the "block cookies" setting. If you see it there, blow it away or change it to "allow."
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

I just went to the Bank of America site to make a payment. Seems to work fine and I can navigate around ok. See the link in my signature for my current config which I updated just now. :)