0.6 Release Candidate 2 Builds Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

0.6 Release Candidate 2 Builds Now Available

Post by mscott »

As always your testing help is much appreciated!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... atest-0.6/

Read what changed in RC1 here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 299#503299

What's New In RC2:
<ol>
<li>Linux GTK2/XFT bits now have the official branding. Thanks to Kevin for generating the xpm's and to MozJF for helping me test the changes.
<li>New Mail notification for OS X. We now change the icon in the system dock to indicate new mail. When you quit we now remove our badge overlay, reverting to the original dock icon.
<li>Linux GTK2/XFT builds should now come with the mozilla-xremote-client.
<li>Fixed a regression with POP3 users filters where you could not have the filter mark a message as junk.
</ol>

Known Issues Requiring a Respin:
---------------------------------------
None at this time!

Thanks!
-Scott
Last edited by mscott on May 3rd, 2004, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
asac

Post by asac »

1. maybe you can provide source tarballs for RCs, too? So package maintainers can do some final shaping of their package & can report whether the source is good to include as upstream tarball - I remember last time I had to grab the upstream package package, which of course isn't the recommended way.

2. Debian will not include the new branding because of legal issues. Last time I built it (27 Apr) everything was fine with the old flames-only logos. Nevertheless, the about dialog contained the old firebird flames logo on the credits panel. Maybe you can change this for the official release?

3. Great work!
aldo

Post by aldo »

I've been out of touch with Thunderbird for some time, but does it include the new icon yet? Thanks.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Anyone else find that Easy Get Mail Button 0.1 does not work with version 0.6+ (20040501), Windows XP Home?

I've sent an email to the author informing him that I cannot get it to work.
matt me

Post by matt me »

No problems so far.
0.6 looking great
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

Scott: are you sure not to be too fast with rc number ? ;o)

I posted a build today, calling it RC1 but it is RC2 !

Anyway, it was a pleasure helping you making your software better ;o)
MozJF
csogilvie

Post by csogilvie »

The version number on Windows seems to have backtracked to 0.5b+ here...
Colin S. Ogilvie
c0Ld

Post by c0Ld »

Perfect, time to release :) :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
+AdBlock
+ChatZilla
+Download Manager Tweak
David Crick

need to remove 0.5 training.dat first?

Post by David Crick »

(deleted - see release notes!)
Last edited by David Crick on May 1st, 2004, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mesostinky

Post by mesostinky »

You can only access Message Filters when your at Server Level. If your in a particular newsgroup when you try to access the Message Filter Menu, filters you created are not present. Either the Message Filter menu should be greyed out when your not at the Top Level or you should have access to your Filter Rules when your in a newsgroup.

Also and this is more a feature request but its sorely needed. You should be able to run the "Run Filters on Folder" command when your in a newsgroup. Right now as far as I can see you can only run this command on folders like Draft etc. If you download 500 messages and half of them are annoying spam that you don't have a filter for your just stuck with the spam. It would be great if you could just run the Filter to get rid of anything you don't want. This is a feature that most newsreaders have and AFAIK the only other option is to just manually delete each message.

Regards

Mike
Levin

Tested on Mac OS X

Post by Levin »

Hi!

I've had a look at it quickly on Mac OS X. It looks impressive and about ready to replace the Mail component of the Mozilla Application Suite. I like the new icon.

However, two things are missing:

1-Where is the command or application that would convert my Mozilla mail to Thunderbird automatically without any error?

2-It does not ask of we want use thunderbird as the defauld mail application.

Give me a simple way to send my messages and address book to Thunderbird, from my Mozilla profile, and I will gladly do the switch.

- Jacques
rm

minor addition on OSX - shouldnt be too hard

Post by rm »

the new mail notifier is great, and a very welcome addition... but it would be great if it would indicate how many new messages there are, rather than just a tick.... is this possible?
gerbig

Re: Tested on Mac OS X

Post by gerbig »

Levin wrote:Give me a simple way to send my messages and address book to Thunderbird, from my Mozilla profile, and I will gladly do the switch.

Check http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/faq.html#q2.2 for instructions. Basically, you just need to copy everything from your User/Library/Mozilla folder to the Thunderbird folder. When I migrated from Mozilla 1.6 I don't think I had to do step 3 (edit prefs.js), but I'm not sure about that. Good luck with Thunderbird!
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

John Liebson wrote:Anyone else find that Easy Get Mail Button 0.1 does not work with version 0.6+ (20040501), Windows XP Home?

I've just replied to your email. It's still working fine for me on Win2k, and it's such a basic extension that I don't really see what would kill it short of a change to the overlay system.
Having said that, I just noticed you said 0.6+, and the branch build calls itself 0.6. Have you installed the trunk build?
Edit: Just seen a message from Ben Goodger in the extensions forum which says the installation system is changing from Firefox 0.9/Thunderbird 0.7. If you're using a trunk build that's probably what's gone wrong.
Last edited by Moonwolf on May 2nd, 2004, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
mozuser

Post by mozuser »

"Select folders for offline use" isn't working on the Mac:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=73261

Can this be fixed for 0.6?