0.6 Release Candidate 2 Builds Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

BUG: Downloaded the latest 0.6RC (earlier today), and the threading in newsgroups is badly broken. I required, I can supply a screenshot (but should be easy to reproduce)
Morpurgo.tk™

Post by Morpurgo.tk™ »

Tested 0.6 om my XP pro PIV machine and all goes extremely well. Even the junk goes marked in the junk file so improvement here.

Question on 0.6 junk filter:
if mail is marked as junk/spam automatically but its wrong and you change this manually wil this now automatically remove this from the junk file or will this action make a mess of the junk file.
Morpurgo.tk, be there or be square
Skype me! callto://E003102025/
Skype? whats that
michaelvdorpe

Post by michaelvdorpe »

I can't use the 'Get all messages button'-extension anymore! Any solutions? And is there a hotkey for this, so I won't need the button?

Thanks!
Moonwolf

Post by Moonwolf »

Morpurgo.tk™ wrote:if mail is marked as junk/spam automatically but its wrong and you change this manually wil this now automatically remove this from the junk file or will this action make a mess of the junk file.

That's how the junk filter gets trained. If you didn't correct mistakes it would never learn anything :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1
Thunderbird 1.0 (20041206)
EMbuttons: Buttons & options for the Extension Manager. Easy Get Mail Button is here too.
kyhwana

Post by kyhwana »

I just unziped thunderbird over an early nightly (from 0.5) and enigmail stopped work, but you can just install the newest build over the top, and it'll start working again. Yay

Also, the Get all messages button extension seems to be working ok for me, here..
Havn't noticed any big issues yet..
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

michaelvdorpe wrote:I can't use the 'Get all messages button'-extension anymore! Any solutions? And is there a hotkey for this, so I won't need the button?

Thanks!

CTRL-Shift-T

Come on people, there is absolutely no reason for the Get All Messages extension to be left out of the default Thunderbird builds. This has been an annoying omission for far too long now.
gpdoyon

Post by gpdoyon »

fishbert wrote:CTRL-Shift-T

Come on people, there is absolutely no reason for the Get All Messages extension to be left out of the default Thunderbird builds. This has been an annoying omission for far too long now.

I couldn't agree more!!!
Gerry
The Q

Post by The Q »

Agreed that the Get All Messages routine should be there by default.

You can also use the Outbox extension which is more elegant and gives you a Send/Get button (sends any unsent messages and gets all messages together) as well as a Send Later button in the Compose screen. These really should be options from a standard install, but I'm patient enough to let the developers work on it and use the extension in the mean time:

http://outbox.mozdev.org/
Get my current Proxomitron filters and Firefox CSS files here.
Rob7713

Post by Rob7713 »

Julas wrote:Tools->Run Filters on Folder isn't available in newsgroups... Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

:furious: Looks like the rest of this forum is just ignoring anything dealing with newsgroup problems. I have this problem, too, and since I want to use Thunderbird mainly as a newsgroup reader, I'd really like to see it fixed. How about some action?
Life's too short; Don't sweat the small stuff!
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Um... this thread hasn't been active for over 6 months.
Why are you bumping this thread after it has been dead for so long?
Perhaps you'd get better results creating a new thread or something like that.