cycle through tabs with keyboard ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stevvie

cycle through tabs with keyboard ?

Post by stevvie »

I've just installed Firefox3.0.4 and have to say that it's ok. I am using maxthon at the moment and there are a few things that I miss and would like the same as I set up in maxthon.

1. How do you split the bookmark menu up into columns as scrolling through them is a real pain. (fixed with column bookmarks ff3 0.2 addon)
2. is there any way to cycle forwards and backwards through the tabs. I used to use F2 to goto the previous tab and F3 to goto the next tab. Is there anyway to assign these 2 keys to next/previous tabs as it's the most convenient way to cycle through tabs. I see here http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+Shortcuts that Ctrl+tab goes forward and Shift+Ctrl+Tab goes backwards between tabs. but is there anyway to assign F/F3 to these functions ?
Intel 3750k@4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, 2X8Gb g.skill DDR3 2400,R9 280X,Benq 24inch monitor, Kingstone hyperX 240gb, -2X Samsung F3 1TB (raid0) with a 60 gib ssd cache, Segate 2TB, -Optiarc 7200s, -ADSL BT infinity 80mb
DanRaisch

Re: cycle through tabs with keyboard ?

Post by DanRaisch »

You can try this extension -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension
stevvie

Post by stevvie »

Thanks, After a little messing about This worked, I now find that it seems to STOP at the begining/End of the tab list, where CTRL+Tab/Shift+CTRL+Tab jumps from the end-begining/begining-end.

I guess some people are never happy :)
Intel 3750k@4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, 2X8Gb g.skill DDR3 2400,R9 280X,Benq 24inch monitor, Kingstone hyperX 240gb, -2X Samsung F3 1TB (raid0) with a 60 gib ssd cache, Segate 2TB, -Optiarc 7200s, -ADSL BT infinity 80mb
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
miracleboy

Post by miracleboy »

Need the same thing - just want to reassign ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to F2/F3, so it uses native (ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab) functions to cycle thru tabs.
Where should I look in?

PS keyconfig seems to use handmade function to cycle.