Address bar/location bar/awesome bar length

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ninmjj

Address bar/location bar/awesome bar length

Post by ninmjj »

I'd like to find a way to fix the size of my address bar/location bar/awesome bar. I want it to be smaller. I do not want to add spaces or icons. I just want it smaller and fixed. This way when i restore my window and then maximize it again, I know exactly how it will look.

In case you are wondering why:
I have managed to combine all of my toolbars into one line. I've gotten rid of everything I didn't want.
Unfortunately, whenever I open my FF browser it opens maximized or restored on my screen, my address bar becomes really long and the my bookmark toolbar places my icons in a compressed view showing the symbol >>
I have to customize my toolbar and (without making any changes) press Done EVERY TIME to get it to revert to the way I set it originally.
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Re: Address bar/location bar/awesome bar length

Post by mzfuser »

Try this code:

Code: Select all

#urlbar {max-width: 500px !important}

Put it in your userChrome.css file in your Firefox profile.
ninmjj

Post by ninmjj »

Thanks, it got the job done as far as shrinking the toolbar, but for some reason, my bookmark toolbar still shrinks... is there a way to fix the width of the bookmark toolbar?
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

Your bookmark toolbar is to the right of the location bar correct? Are you sure there is no space between them?
56qykx

Post by 56qykx »

I've tried it all. bookmark on the left, bookmark on the right. In all cases, when I restore and then resize, I get the same problem.
In case you were wondering, the reason i keep resizing is because I have 2 screens (Laptop and 22" external). When I dock my laptop, I maximize so that I can use the bigger screen.
I just want to fix the minimum width of my bookmark toolbar
trolly

Post by trolly »

Answer will probably not work because OP used 3.0 and the answer is for 3.5. Locking due to age of the thread.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.