Office 2003 userChrome.css Skin Release Versions 1.7 + 1.0

Discuss application theming and theme development.
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

amiya_gupta wrote:
lordmedikit wrote:Thank you, though as I said above my skill is limited and this is very amatuerish work campared to a full-blown skin. I am not sure what you mean by making it look consistant. As far as I know the scrollbars look exactly the same as Office 2003 applications (when the WinXP skins are turned off). Could you provide an image to show what you mean?

I don't have Office 2003 so I don't know what the scrollbars look like. With the XP themes set to classic, it's just the default type of scrollbar. I thought it would look better if it was silver too. I'll try hacking the CSS to see if it can be done.

Oh, you can definately change the look of the scrollbars, its just that I didn't want to so I haven't bothered to find out how - but it can be done.

Good luck and remember the DOM Inspector is your friend.
rimez

Post by rimez »

I just want to thank whoever made this theme. I'm using it with the unoffical Luna theme and it looks great! The only gripe I have is that the tab buttons are very short.
Great job!
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

rimez wrote:I just want to thank whoever made this theme. I'm using it with the unoffical Luna theme and it looks great! The only gripe I have is that the tab buttons are very short.
Great job!

Thank you.

I am not sure what you mean by the tab buttons being very short though. I thought their length was defined by how many tabs you have open. Could you clarify further or provide screenshots? Also, does it happen just using the default theme. If this is a specific problem it could be caused by a conflict between what the luna theme is telling firefox to do and what my file is telling it.
rimez

Post by rimez »

lordmedikit wrote:Thank you.

I am not sure what you mean by the tab buttons being very short though. I thought their length was defined by how many tabs you have open. Could you clarify further or provide screenshots? Also, does it happen just using the default theme. If this is a specific problem it could be caused by a conflict between what the luna theme is telling firefox to do and what my file is telling it.

I was simply referring to the height of the tab. Its very thin compared to the Luna Blue theme (which I am quite used to). The tabs do not fit the whole space of the tab toolbar. There is space between the top of the tab and the top of the tab toolbar.

I've used both the default FF theme and Luna and it's the same. If you really want the screen shots I'll have to find a place to park them :-)

regardless of the tabs, you've done a great job! I now use it in thunderbird as well.
rimez

Post by rimez »

I've since played around with the code (figuring out the bit for tabs) and have replaces your tabs with that of Luna Blue. It's doesn't exactly fit in with the theme (differnet color scheme) but I like them better. Now if I could only figure out how to add the gradient to the tabs it would be perfect.

Cheers,
Rimez
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

If you mean the background image then do look where I have set a .gif for the background and apply this directly to the tab css. Or even better, make the background colour to the tabs transparent so the gradient of the tab bar will show through.
jx3000

Post by jx3000 »

Wow it looks great. It even fixes the problem I have with the Go button in the Pinstripe theme (I wanted it flat).

But there is one glitch I noticed, see screenshot below.

See how the words status bar is shifted slightly to the right. If I uncheck the tick it is in correct alignment again.

It happens where there is a tick. I thick that vertical Office bar is slightly too thick, maybe.
Risen from the ashes....
XanDaMan

Post by XanDaMan »

Any chance of just a menu css? Im happy with my buttons (Charamel) and I just like the idea of menu's that fit my VS.
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

jx3000 wrote:See how the words status bar is shifted slightly to the right. If I uncheck the tick it is in correct alignment again.

It happens where there is a tick. I thick that vertical Office bar is slightly too thick, maybe.

Thanks for this. I will fix it shortly, but at the moment I have exams. Again thanks I didn't notice that.
Last edited by lordmedikit on May 11th, 2004, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jx3000

Post by jx3000 »

That's cool.
Risen from the ashes....
xebechene

Post by xebechene »

I have moded the mod the css file moded by lordmedikit : more component are moded (in the interface only, the content is not affected).
I had a version that modified almost all component, now it's updated with the last version of lordmedikit.

Some parts are quite messy, but they are working fine.
This moded CSS file is a mix between Office 2003 and VS.NET 2003, plus some other things.

download
SwampFan

Post by SwampFan »

I haven't changed the look of my browser in some time, but after seeing this mod I'm hooked! Thanks...
Awais

Post by Awais »

In
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

jx3000 wrote:See how the words status bar is shifted slightly to the right. If I uncheck the tick it is in correct alignment again.

I have just uploaded a version that I think fixes this problem (just re-download from the same link).
lordmedikit

Post by lordmedikit »

Double post.