Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at....

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ajayhawkfan

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at....

Post by ajayhawkfan »

I get the following: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at.... no matter what page I try to load. At the top of the window it says Page Load Error-Mozilla Firefox.

Everything was working fine this morning and now nothing. I'm using internet explorer now and I hate it. I need help.

Thank you.
steviex

Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at....

Post by steviex »

Read this..... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

Did you update Firefox today ??

It is very likely that your Firewall is blocking Firefox. You need to Allow Firefox access though your Firewall..

Have you ever had Norton/Symantic installed on your computer ??
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

This is almost always due to a firewall or some other demented "security" product. Something changed. You may have received an update. You should read and understand at least the introduction and section on pitfalls from this article:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls .
Do you have any Symantec or Norton products?
ajayhawkfan

Post by ajayhawkfan »

Thank you. I do have Norton. I did get an update then it stopped working. I'll read what you have listed and try to figure it out. Any other advice would be welcome because I'm not computer savy.
steviex

Post by steviex »

I suggest you Right click on the Norton Icon, at the Bottom Right of your Screen and select HELP....

They should have a lot of Help files for you to read through.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
SwitzMiss22

Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at...

Post by SwitzMiss22 »

I'm having the same problem except I had no updates to my firewall or Norton. It was working one minute and then the next, nothing!