1and1 Imap Issues - Any Ideas?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Tvgreen

1and1 Imap Issues - Any Ideas?

Post by Tvgreen »

Hi,

Has anyone got any ideas on how to correctly setup webmail for 1and1, the issue im having is when it try's to login, the error presented to me is "Login to server imap.1and1.com failed"

At the moment i have the Incoming server settings as "imap.1and1.com" on Port 143 with the username as my email for that account.

And the Outgoing Server (SMTP) as "smtp.1and1.com" on Port 25 , using the security and authentication with my username which again is the email for that account.

When i try and recieve mail, I get the box presented to me to enter my password, which i do but get the error message.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers
DanRaisch

Re: 1and1 Imap Issues - Any Ideas?

Post by DanRaisch »

What security software (firewall and/or anti-virus) are you running?
Tvgreen

Post by Tvgreen »

norton 360. ive tryed turning it off for testing, and no luck
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

"turning off" Norton may only mean turning off the user interface with no impact on the blocking/scanning functions. See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
You might need to remove Norton from the Windows Startup list (you can use MSCONFIG) and then reboot to test the system without Norton in action.
Just passing

Post by Just passing »

I set up 1and1 thru Thunderbird using the 1and1 FAQ instructions, but got the American FAQ. If you're UK based, you need imap.1and1.co.uk, and auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk
I got the same error as you until i added AUTH to the smtp address.
Hope this helps