Adobe ToolBar Missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Michael Veksler

Adobe ToolBar Missing

Post by Michael Veksler »

I switched from IE7 to Mozilla Firefox and loved everything about the browser except one problem I lost my Adobe Acrobat Toolbar that let me convert web pages to PDF documents. I am running a Vista machine and have Firefox 2.0 installed. I just want to make it clear that I can open PDF docs that is no problem I am just missing my Adobe PDF Explorer Bar is there a way to get it back?

Thank You for your help.
James

Post by James »

Toolbars made for IE will Not work on the separate modern non-IE browsers like Firefox. Ask Adobe to make one for Firefox.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hmm... if you go to File > Print, isn't there an option to print as PDF? There used to be one, but it's been a very long time since I've used Acrobat, so it might be gone now. It looks like it might only be offered as a subscription service nowadays.
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

^With Acrobat installed there is still the option to use the Adobe PDF printer driver, but it is not as versatile as the Adobe toolbar that Adobe made for IE.
Michael Veksler

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Toolbar

Post by Michael Veksler »

Thank you all for your responses to my issue. I have found a way to convert web pages to PDF format through Acrobat 6.0. Basically you copy the address from the page you wish to convert, then open Acrobat, click on convert PDF document through web address. Paste the address into the browse field and presto PDF converts the page into document form.

Best Regards,

Michael Veksler
berkbuns

Your Acrobat solution

Post by berkbuns »

I was wondering if the solution you chose made the links that might be in the web pages after you converted them to PDF? That's what I like about the IE icon as opposed to using the print function - any links in the web page are also in the pdf that gets created.

Thanks.

Re: Adobe ToolBar Missing

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I was wondering if the solution you chose made the links that might be in the web pages after you converted them to PDF? That's what I like about the IE icon as opposed to using the print function - any links in the web page are also in the pdf that gets created.

Thanks.
Yes, you can print the webpage on adobe printer and save the file in .pdf format. However there is no comparison to the flexibility IE toolbar offers in selecting the portions of the webpage for pdf conversion.

thanks,
Odyssey
LIMPET235

Re: Adobe ToolBar Missing

Post by LIMPET235 »

Odyssey...
Did you happen to notice the date of the last post?
This is a year old thread. Let it R.I.P.
Please, start your own new thread if nec.
Thanks.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)