firefox not opening home page

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
arizvi21

firefox not opening home page

Post by arizvi21 »

Whenever i open firefox it never goes to my home page which is google. It always starts with a screen that says "Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/". The page basically is a directory of all my files on my computer. how do i fix this? please help.
mtz1of4

Re: firefox not opening home page

Post by mtz1of4 »

Tools->Options->Main->Startup and confirm selection there.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can also check the Target field in the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut to see if anything is appended after the closing quote of the Firefox application path.

(edit: corrected typo)
Last edited by dickvl on December 10th, 2008, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arizvi21

Post by arizvi21 »

I tried both these solutions but they dont seem to work. Im gonna reinstall firefox and see if that works.
Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

I am also having the problem of Firefox opening my Firefox folder, "Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/" instead of my homepage. Checked the settings in Tools but no solution.

Has anyone found a solution?
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

Post by Guest »

Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/ in my Mozilla Firefox please give me answer
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi, Please re-post your question in a new thread & explain more fully, exactly what you require.
Thank you.
Locking this oldie.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)