[ext] Stay-Open Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
custom.firefox.lady

Re: [ext] Stay-Open Menu (New – for Firefox 3 only)

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Announcement: Stay-Open Menu 1.4 beta is now available for testing

Significant changes since previous 1.2 version:
  • Now also works on the Smart Location Bar (aka awesomebar) dropdown list
  • Fixed compatibility issue with ABH and ABH²
  • Option to use Ctrl-click in addition to middle-click (must be set via about:config)
See http://www.shadetreeapiary.com/extension/Prerelease/ for details and to download

Comments welcome. Date of release of final version to amo depends on feedback/issues reported.
Ken Saunders

Post by Ken Saunders »

Very cool add-on.
Thanks for developing it.
makondo

Post by makondo »

+1. Really!
Batsu

Post by Batsu »

Hi. I do love your extension, it's so helpful!
I'm using the "Toolbar buttons" extension (V.0604) > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2377
I use Toolbar Buttons' "bookmarks menu" button instead of Firefox's and I was so sad Stay-Open Menu wasn't working with it. Is there a way you add some compatibility with it? It would be just great^^
custom.firefox.lady

@Ken Saunders: Most welcome, glad you like it!
Batsu wrote:I use Toolbar Buttons' "bookmarks menu" button instead of Firefox's and I was so sad Stay-Open Menu wasn't working with it. Is there a way you add some compatibility with it?

@Batsu: I will look into the possibility of adding this into a future version. Thanks for the suggestion. PM me if you'd be interested in helping test it.
ajbch

Post by ajbch »

Hi, in version 1.2 i could use middle click with 'Personal Menu' extension however it no,longer works with version 1.4. I have reverted to version 1.2 for the meantime.
custom.firefox.lady

ajbch wrote:Hi, in version 1.2 i could use middle click with 'Personal Menu' extension however it no,longer works with version 1.4. I have reverted to version 1.2 for the meantime.
Thanks for reporting this issue. 'Personal Menu' also has a stay-open-on-middle-click feature, which appears to be conflicting. I have confirmed the incompatibility and will examine whether it can be resolved. As you noted, version 1.2, does not have this conflict. For others who may be reading this, 1.2 is available from: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/6459
JohnnyBad

Stay-Open Menu will NOT Stay Open

Post by JohnnyBad »

Hi!,

Firefox just updated itself to 3.06 and Stay-Open 2.2.1 will no longer stay-open or closed for that matter. I can't thank you enough for this indispensible addon. I never did understand why Firefox has to open & close the download sidebar each time it downloads a file. Please, help me. It's driving me crazy.

johnny

running windows xp sp3
makondo

Post by makondo »

Did you check your settings - Fx Options/Main > Downloads (Show.../Close...)? Plus, my downloads open in a popup not the sidebar. Other ext. maybe?
custom.firefox.lady

JohnnyBad wrote:Firefox just updated itself to 3.06 and Stay-Open 2.2.1 will no longer stay-open or closed for that matter. I can't thank you enough for this indispensible addon. I never did understand why Firefox has to open & close the download sidebar each time it downloads a file.

Could you be mixing this up with some other extension? Stay-Open Menu, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6459, is only at version 1.4 and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with either downloads or the sidebar.
custom.firefox.lady

Announcement: Stay-Open Menu 1.5 beta is now available for testing

Significant changes since previous 1.4 version:

* Added Option to automatically close when mouse moves off menu, after middle-clicking (or ctrl-clicking if that option selected)
* Added UI for Options (Ctrl-click option now defaults to 'On' and no longer requires restart)
* Now works with Toolbar Buttons's Bookmarks Menu Button
* Compatibility fixes for Personal Menu and LiveClick extensions
* Bug fix for Bookmarks Toolbar chevron items
* Added Locale Folder
* New Updated Icon

See http://www.shadetreeapiary.com/extension/Prerelease/ for details and to download.

Comments welcome. Thanks to those who help test; please report any bugs/incompatibilities. Date of release of final version to amo depends on feedback/issues reported.
nightbeholder

Post by nightbeholder »

Great add-on
Anyway to add a feature to also stay opened after you click on "mark as read"
custom.firefox.lady

Re: [ext] Stay-Open Menu

"Mark as read" is not a part of Firefox itself. It must have been added by some other extension. Boox perhaps? I've recently started using LiveClick, but it does not shut the menu when marking feeds as read/unread.
nightbeholder

Post by nightbeholder »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:"Mark as read" is not a part of Firefox itself. It must have been added by some other extension. Boox perhaps? I've recently started using LiveClick, but it does not shut the menu when marking feeds as read/unread.

Yes it's the Boox extension.
I'm now trying LiveClick but unfortunately it uses the browser history so i guess i'm gonna stick with boox for now.
custom.firefox.lady

This has also been requested previously, so I am attempting to contact the author of Boox to see if he has any plans to add this feature to Boox. Will let you know if I get a reply. If the answer is 'no', I will consider adding it to Stay-Open Menu at some future time.