The Official Win32 2004-05-23 [Br/Tr] builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
TierMann

Post by TierMann »

bush wrote:can anyone confirm that in options/advanced when you choose hide the tab bar.. and use smooth scrolling.. and click ok they don't thick in. it is impossible to select them.

What date is your build?

The fix was in yesterday, and it fixed the problem for me here.
All advanced options save.
Atleast for branch.

Edit: There was no trunk fix for it, but it shouldn't exist unless it's a new break.
The comment for the branch checkin said..
pref-advanced.js was not added to jar.mn when we merged trunk changes to the branch, fix busted panel from the missing file

So I'm thinking it was branch only.
It should be ok on the last 2 days, trunk and branch, but let me know if I'm wrong.
Sydbebad

Post by Sydbebad »

On the 22nd Offical branch build it was still busted, todays build however, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040523 Firefox/0.8.0+ (TierMann Beastly), it is now fixed.
TierMann

Post by TierMann »

There was no Official branch for 05-22 (you may mean my unofficial, I forgot a vendorComment yesterday), but if it's working for you now, that's a good thing :)

A little background on those Unofficial builds I've been doing...
I've been putting those out as un-patched and un-optomized as I can, trying to get close clones of Beast's builds for testing. Beast is still stuck on a locked file and there's no one there for the weekend to give him a kick. So the 05-22 and 05-23 branch builds in this thread are unofficial, as the link says. Just so there's no confusion. I just don't want people thinking I'm claiming to be official :)
bush

Post by bush »

bush wrote:
can anyone confirm that in options/advanced when you choose hide the tab bar.. and use smooth scrolling.. and click ok they don't thick in. it is impossible to select them.

What date is your build?
i'm using the very latest official branch build
kid rock rocks
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

To ALL reporting bugs:
Include your USERAGENT INFO, under HELP->About Mozilla Firefox (The bottomlines) and copy them into your forum message.
Last edited by Peter(6) on May 23rd, 2004, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
OLE

Post by OLE »

I have noticed, that the links from the external applications open now in new window, instead of the current one, like some days before. Could it be caused by switching from installer to zip builds? (Directory structure remained the same). Can I force Firefox to the "old" behavior?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
ehume

Post by ehume »

OLE wrote:I have noticed, that the links from the external applications open now in new window, instead of the current one, like some days before. Could it be caused by switching from installer to zip builds? (Directory structure remained the same). Can I force Firefox to the "old" behavior?

This works: Tabbrowser preferences
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

there is a user_pref for it ... forgot which one
TheDormouse

Post by TheDormouse »

It seems silly to list bug 102519 since its about 2.5 years old now.

I'm sure there are hundreds of Mozilla users that would like their pet bug (mine is bug 236772, for example) on your daily list, but the list seems most useful when primarily limited to recent regressions.
TierMann

Post by TierMann »

Is anyone else getting this with the builds for the 2004-05-22 and 2004-05-23 (maybe on 05-21 too but I havn't checked.), maybe any os but looks like only branch...

When Firefox is first run, it creates a chrome\chrome.rdf for me, but it doesn't create a chrome\overlayinfo directory. This results in the help menu item not adding the selections from the help extension (ex: "Help Contents"), and the tools menu item not showing Dom Inspector.

Workaround (Only if you do NOT have <app path>\chrome\overlayinfo\): Delete chrome.rdf, restart Firefox.
The menu items should be back and you should have an overlayinfo folder and a re-generated chrome.rdf.

Edit: I called it overlay, but it's overlayinfo, sorry.
Last edited by TierMann on May 24th, 2004, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jongampark

Post by jongampark »

Oh! Even on MacOS X, the Firefox is getting faster. However some features are broken.
TierMann

Post by TierMann »

Wee!

Beast put out a couple of builds in
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... lds/BEAST/

Your guess as to trunk or branch though, depending on the hour you get them.

But that means we should get officials for tomorrow, unless he busts again. :)
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

TierMann wrote:Is anyone else getting this with the builds for the 2004-05-22 and 2004-05-23 (maybe on 05-21 too but I havn't checked.), maybe any os but looks like only branch...

When Firefox is first run, it creates a chrome\chrome.rdf for me, but it doesn't create a chrome\overlay directory. This results in the help menu item not adding the selections from the help extension (ex: "Help Contents"), and the tools menu item not showing Dom Inspector.

Workaround (Only if you do NOT have <app path>\chrome\overlay\): Delete chrome.rdf, restart Firefox.
The menu items should be back and you should have an overlay folder and a re-generated chrome.rdf.

I confirm, did you file a bug ?

[edit]It completely fails to make the profile under default/XXXX.slt/ , the XXXX.slt is missing.
so the profile is under /default/[/edit]

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040523 Firefox/0.8.0+ (TierMann Beastly)
Last edited by Peter(6) on May 24th, 2004, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TierMann

Post by TierMann »

Aviary no longer uses .slt, that's why profiles have been such a pain the past couple of days.
That's the new structure.

I didn't file a bug for the other yet since no one confirmed for me until now :)
Filing it now.

Bug 244479: chrome\overlayinfo not created and no help or DOMi in the menu.
Last edited by TierMann on May 24th, 2004, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Did you ask if that was intended, it might be a bug too (no .slt) ?
btw, would like to come to IRC, but it's blocked here at the office