Beast generating branch builds again

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
bengoodger

Beast generating branch builds again

Post by bengoodger »

I've fixed the problem on Beast where it would fail to stage a build after the build completed. Extension-Manager enabled builds should be available today on ftp.m.o. Please start using these and test the new EM, file bugs!
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

I'll add this message into "my" thread(s)

A question:
is this the EM version in it's final form and functionality or are some things still to be changed ?
It would make it easier to file bugs/comment if we would know how far we should go with testing.
e.g. should we include the update function in testing ?
Last edited by Peter(6) on May 24th, 2004, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

No such page as "ftp.m.o."
zeimusu

Post by zeimusu »

I guess Ben means:
ftp.m.o = ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox
hariskar

Post by hariskar »

Till now, no extension manager enabled... Maybe later?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

zeimusu wrote:I guess Ben means:

No doubt, but unfortunately, it was shown as a link that did not work.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

hariskar wrote:Till now, no extension manager enabled... Maybe later?

Not entirely correct: The extension manager in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040521 Firefox/0.8.0+ (installer version) works for those extensions that have been rewritten to meet the new requirements.

Example: Piro posted an update to Tabbrowser Extensions a day or so ago that would not replace the previous version using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040521 Firefox/0.8.0+; I contacted him, he apologized for having written a couple of improper files and replaced the files.

Having read that he had made the corrections, I logged on to his site again and requested an update to TBE, which was handled by the extension manager. TBE and four other extensions that I use all appear in the manager. All twenty or so extensions in use on my computer appear in Tools, Options, Extensions, but only those five extensions appear in the manager.
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

John Liebson wrote:
zeimusu wrote:I guess Ben means:

No doubt, but unfortunately, it was shown as a link that did not work.

Well that's down to the forums, which will linkify anything starting with ftp.

It's a tricky one - if the forum stuff was more fussy about what it made into a link, you'd get fewer mistakes, but it would miss more stuff that would be desirable to link. I'd think it's probably better to have links where there shouldn't be, than have no links where there should...
Kamek

Post by Kamek »

Hey Ben... as I see the new EM as a still-under-development work, I thought these would be better put as suggestions here rather than filed bugs/improvements:

Does the Extension Manager do anything at all other than flagging when you use the actions of enabling/disabling/uninstalling an extension? If not, I think it would be better if, for example, instead of having "Enable" after you disable an extension just have "Cancel disabling". So the extension wouldn't be re-flagged to enable (when it's already enabled), just un-flagged. With this would come "Cancel uninstalling", which would be really useful if you chose the wrong extension to uninstall. As I see, there's so far no way to cancel an uninstallation; you have to restart Firefox and install it again.

Btw, what are those colored squares to the right of the extensions? When I first saw them in the early screenshots and test dialogs, I thought they were placeholders for links to some of the actions (just like the "Open"/"Remove" from download manager). Could you please explain them?
jedbro

Re: Beast generating branch builds again

Post by jedbro »

bengoodger wrote:...Extension-Manager enabled builds should be available today on ftp.m.o. Please start using these and test the new EM, file bugs!

Would that be for the branch/trunk and/or the Avary Branch builds?

I'm a little confused. Thanks

-Jed
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Kamek wrote:Btw, what are those colored squares to the right of the extensions? When I first saw them in the early screenshots and test dialogs, I thought they were placeholders for links to some of the actions (just like the "Open"/"Remove" from download manager). Could you please explain them?

I'm not Ben but i can answer your question anyway. ;) Here is a screenshot from my theme where those colored squares were replaced with images:
More illustrative than the squares, huh? :D They are: Options, About and Home page. So the squares ARE placeholders.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
Kamek

Post by Kamek »

Thanks, Red Fat Lazy Cat! (jeez, that sounds like I'm insulting you)
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat that theme is so beautiful. Can't wait to see the entire thing
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

You're welcome, Kamek!
Kamek wrote:(jeez, that sounds like I'm insulting you)

Insulting me? Why? Not at all! :) Calling nicknames is not calling names ;)
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Zulithe wrote:Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat that theme is so beautiful. Can't wait to see the entire thing

Thanks Zulithe. The theme will be called Curacao and it's almost ready so check out the Themes forum for the announce. :)

Btw Ben - these squares are supposed to be clickable, no?