Firefox not refreshing new content from site

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ProfessorChaos

Firefox not refreshing new content from site

Post by ProfessorChaos »

Hi,
Ok, this is a bit odd, so I will try to be as detailed as I can. I built a website with alot of flash (swf). I had to update a few of the SWF files and I needed to fix the pre-loader bar. Now, I ftp the files over to the source directory, and the odd thing is, that all but three show the changes, and no matter what I do. My first trouble shooting step was to check the SWF files, Then to check the HTML pages, then to ftp again. Just to make sure, and Firefox still shows those three SWF files as the old ones. Now here is the odd bit, I tested it in IE and IE shows the NEW versions of the SWF files.

I am at a loss here! Any suggestions?

Thanks

C.S.

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Nevermind. I was able to figure it out on my own. However, I would like to thank the COUNTLESS help I received, Glad to know people are there to help others in need!

C.S.

Re: Firefox not refreshing new content from site

Post by Guest »

I'm having the same problem with Firefox and my site's CSS. I've tried refreshing it sveral times but Firefox still failed to update the page contents. This is really annoying as I need to see the changes to my pages at least every 1 minute to test page's layout.

Any fix on this bug?
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Guest wrote:I'm having the same problem with Firefox and my site's CSS. I've tried refreshing it sveral times but Firefox still failed to update the page contents. This is really annoying as I need to see the changes to my pages at least every 1 minute to test page's layout.

Any fix on this bug?

Why bump an old thread, just post a new one, anyhow, its not a bug, its a default setting not to refresh, change to suit here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache ... _frequency
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

At that page http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache ... _frequency I read that the default setting for reloading is 3, 'Check for a new version when the page is out of date. (Default)' I'm obviously misunderstanding something here, because that doesn't seem to make sense. How can FF check that the page is out of date without reloading? Sort of Catch 22?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Win 10 Pro, Waterfox 56.1.0 replaced Firefox 56.0.2, TMP 0.5.0.5pre