Bookmarks Toolbar

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
C14L

Bookmarks Toolbar

Post by C14L »

Hi all!

My question: How do I define a bookmarks folder so its content will be displayed in the bookmarks toolbar? Just drag and drop the bookmarks to the toolbar is not possible. And there seems to be no option to set a folder as bookmarks toolbar-folder (like in K-Meleon).

Thanks for any hint!
Stefan

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar

Post by Stefan »

C14L wrote:How do I define a bookmarks folder so its content will be displayed in the bookmarks toolbar?

You drag it to the "Bookmarks Toolbar folder"
cheeaun

Post by cheeaun »

Stefan wrote:
C14L wrote:How do I define a bookmarks folder so its content will be displayed in the bookmarks toolbar?

You drag it to the "Bookmarks Toolbar folder"

I think C14L meant it to look like the boomarks toolbar in IE..
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun
rso

Post by rso »

C14L wrote:Hi all!

My question: How do I define a bookmarks folder so its content will be displayed in the bookmarks toolbar? Just drag and drop the bookmarks to the toolbar is not possible. And there seems to be no option to set a folder as bookmarks toolbar-folder (like in K-Meleon).

Thanks for any hint!

Sure, in the Bookmarks window hightlight a folder and choose "View/Set as Bookmarks Toolbar Folder".
C14L

Post by C14L »

Now thats a buggy interface! I could not mark my existing folder as "Set as Bookmarks Toolbar Folder", because the option was greyed out when the folder was selected. So I created a new folder. Now I could set it as Bookmarks Toolbar folder. To try it out, I moved (drag-drop) a bookmark into that folder. The bookmark did not appear in the toolbar. Hmm. I closed Phoenix and reopened it (meybe it needed to reload some config file?) No. No effect. But: Surprise. Some other folder had been copied also into the new folder! How that? I deleted everything, created a new folder again, set it again as bookmark toolbar folder, copied a bookmark into the folder, and: again another subfolder from another folder appeared in the new one!

Great stuff! BTW: It never worked to show up on the bookmark toolbar!

Anybody knows where in the config files is that set? I guess I better configure it by hand because this menu option seems not to work to well...