Sound card drivers vs Mozilla

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Mimal

Sound card drivers vs Mozilla

Post by Mimal »

Hello!

After using Mozilla for a long time I discovered a very strange problem. I wanted to listen to music on my computer at work. I installed drivers from mainboard cd and I can't run Mozilla anymore. I got message that Windows is unable to access device, path or file and maybe I don't have appriopriate permissions (this is not exact translation). I uninstalled drivers - nothing, reinstalled Mozilla - nothing, installed Mozilla 1.7 - nothing. I searched discussion forums, Faq, google - nothing.

Any ideas, what could help?

I use Windows XP, Mozilla 1.6 PL, sound card on-board (C-Media Xear 3D driver), mainboard - Intel 865GM2.

Mimal
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

My guess is that you made the installation not using the administrator account - therefore not having the rights to install it.

I think you will have to have administrator rights to sort this out.

Reinstalling the drivers, first, and getting the system to work properly.
The take a look at Mozilla and get it to run as before.

If nothing seemes to be working I would make a fresh and new installtion.

. Backup your profile - then entire content - mail, settings, favorites

http://backup.jasnapaka.com/ - easy tool to do it

Profile here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?t ... ile_Folder

. Uninstall Mozilla
. Delete the software folder

. Delete the GRE folder

C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE

. Reboot
. Reinstall Mozilla
. Setup accounts and the rest - again
. Copy the files and folders back from your backup - not the prefs.js since that is the old settings including paths

Good Luck!

Post by Guest »

Well, after disabling sound card and reinstalling Mozilla several times I finnaly make it work. My happiness last just about month. I wanted to upgrade Mozilla to 1.7.2, so I uninstalled old one. After installing 1.7.2 everything was ok. I had some problems with Mozilla Calendar, so I uninstalled Mozilla reinstalled it and... now I can't run it again. The same problem as above. I use administrator account.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Mimal
Mimal

Post by Mimal »

Well, after disabling sound card and reinstalling Mozilla several times I finnaly make it work. My happiness last just about month. I wanted to upgrade Mozilla to 1.7.2, so I uninstalled old one. After installing 1.7.2 everything was ok. I had some problems with Mozilla Calendar, so I uninstalled Mozilla reinstalled it and... now I can't run it again. The same problem as above. I use administrator account.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
sasha2009

Re: Sound card drivers vs Mozilla

Post by sasha2009 »

Mimal wrote:Hello!

After using Mozilla for a long time I discovered a very strange problem. I wanted to listen to music on my computer at work. I installed drivers from mainboard cd and I can't run Mozilla anymore. I got message that Windows is unable to access device, path or file and maybe I don't have appriopriate permissions (this is not exact translation). I uninstalled drivers - nothing, reinstalled Mozilla - nothing, installed Mozilla 1.7 - nothing. I searched discussion forums, Faq, google - nothing.

Any ideas, what could help?

I use Windows XP, Mozilla 1.6 PL, sound card on-board (C-Media Xear 3D driver), mainboard - Intel 865GM2.

Mimal

Yuor write.
You will have to have administrator rights to sort this out.
If nothing seemes to be working I would make a fresh and new installtion.
Reinstalling the drivers, first, and getting the system to work properly.
The take a look at Mozilla and get it to run as before.
http://www.soft-windows.com
steviex

Re: Sound card drivers vs Mozilla

Post by steviex »

Um, sasha2009 .... This thread was started in 2004 !!!

The Original Poster is extremely unlikey to be watching this thread for an answer.....

Also the user was using Mozilla 1.7.2, which is now Obsolete....

Locking.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.