Duplicate Folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
carvettr

Duplicate Folders

Post by carvettr »

I am not able to connect to my e-mail server. Everytime I try to do anything i get the following error message, """The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Duplicate folders "Junk E-mail" were detected in the mailbox. There for the user's connection was disconnected""". How do I fix this?
DanRaisch

Re: Duplicate Folders

Post by DanRaisch »

* Which version of Thunderbird? Check Help>About for the version number.
* What operating system?
* What is the exact wording of the error message you are receiving?
* What kind of mail - POP, IMAP?
* Is your mail service from an ISP, corporate e-mail system or Web-based?
* Are you using an antivirus and/or a firewall program? Which ones?
* Do you regularly compact your folders? Weekly or more often is strongly recommended. Check http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders for more information on compacting folders.
* Without divulging your e-mail address or account name, what are your server settings, including server name and port number for:
+ Tools>Account Settings>*account*>Server Settings?
+ Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server (SMTP) (at the bottom of the list of accounts on the left)>*server*>Edit?
* Any recent changes in your computer or software configuration that might be relevant?
(including OS or Thunderbird updates, adding extensions or themes, etc. and any security program updates)
EHo the Great

Post by EHo the Great »

I'll have a go since I have the same problem (except with Sent Items).

2.0.0.19 (20090105)
Ubuntu 8.10
"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Duplicate folders "Sent Items" were detected in the mailbox. Therefore the user's connection was disconnected.."
IMAP
corporate e-mail, Exchange 2007
Not that I know of (new to Linux) I did not install any.
No.
mailhost.engr.uconn.edu:143
mailhost.engr.uconn.edu:25
Server was just upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. This is when my problem began. I have been running with no problems for two years (either on Linux or Windows Thunderbird).
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

EHo the Great, please start a new topic. The OP is not running Linux so there is nothing to confirm that your problem is the same as theirs.
EHo the Great

Post by EHo the Great »

This is a documented issue with Exchange 2007. See the post below, it should fix the OP's problem but not mine since I cannot delete "Sent Items".

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... d55e365c9/
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

carvettr, are you connecting to an Exchange 2007 server?
EHo the Great

Post by EHo the Great »

UPDATE: This fix did in fact work for "Sent Items" as the duplicate folder. The problem was that I had to log into my web based mail via Internet Explorer. Upon doing that I had full access to delete the second "Sent Items" folder.