Limit internet to one site.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Saratoga-Springs

Limit internet to one site.

Post by Saratoga-Springs »

I need to limit the internet to one site.

Is there a way of doing this? The machine is used to connect to a video camera server that is web based. Is there a way of locking down FF so you can't go anywhere but to this one location?

Thanks!
alterna

Re: Limit internet to one site.

Post by alterna »

"So it goes" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Saratoga-Springs

Too limiting. Users need to be able to log on and off the machine. Thanks though.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Perhaps using the HOSTS file in Windows, or using the settings in the Router ??

More information HERE... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Blocking_sites
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
alterna

Post by alterna »

Maybe Public Fox 1.05 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3911

mind, I've never used these, just heard of them. :)
"So it goes" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

Saratoga-Springs wrote:I need to limit the internet to one site.

Is there a way of doing this? The machine is used to connect to a video camera server that is web based. Is there a way of locking down FF so you can't go anywhere but to this one location?

Thanks!

Perhaps set Firefox to connect to the internet via a nonexistent local proxy 127.0.0.1 and that should stop all access. Then add the video camera server's address as no proxy to allow access. You would do this in Firefox, in Tools | Options on the Advanced settings Network tab. Click on Settings button.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Saratoga-Springs

Gopher John wrote:

Thanks!

Perhaps set Firefox to connect to the internet via a nonexistent local proxy 127.0.0.1 and that should stop all access. Then add the video camera server's address as no proxy to allow access. You would do this in Firefox, in Tools | Options on the Advanced settings Network tab. Click on Settings button.

That was exactly what I was looking for! Awesome, thanks so much.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

Saratoga-Springs wrote:
Gopher John wrote:

Thanks!

That was exactly what I was looking for! Awesome, thanks so much.

Glad to help. If you think that users might modify this setting, perhaps locking the preferences could help. I haven't tried this, so hopefully someone more qualified will comment.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locking_preferences
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein