User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BTW I am now accessing my messages from three locations:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 - TB 22.214.171.124
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20080312 SeaMonkey/1.1.8 - TB 188.8.131.52
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20071018 BonEcho/220.127.116.11 - TB 18.104.22.168
Thanks for trying SK
I have only found the following bugs that seem to relate:
and although they appear similar, none of them is about multi-platform environment
I wonder how many people are doing similar thing to myself (ie getting their messages from within different OS/platform), because if I am one of the very few, there will be little incentive to look into the bug?
I know I have only seen one other post on the topic. I suggested that individual look here.
You may need to create a new bug report. Just because there are few trying to do what you want to do, such a bug might capture the attention of a developer.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
I am glad to say, that posting a bug seems to have yielded result !
It is clear that messages with problems have "X-Mozilla-Status:/X-Mozilla-Status2" missing from their file
These headers are present on some imported messages and all new ones but not on a vast majority of the imported ones
There is straightforward correlation between missing headers and problems I am encountering
Still don't know what to do about it, but it is nice to know that the problem is real, has a cause (and I am not bonkers )
looks like it is an old problem
even later edit:
I have opened one of the folder files in my profile mail directory (chosen simple one with just five messages), that imported incorrectly, and manually edited it by adding "X-Mozilla-Status: 0001" line immediately after "From" line and hey presto everything works OK - I can switch between Linux and XP and the message remains "unread"
Now I just need to find a way of doing it for another few thousands messages
There is a solution!
It is not a fix for a bug that exists in T-bird, but a way of adding headers to incorrectly imported messages:
It is here:
I have tested this procedure and it worked fine!
many thanks to mr WADA from Japan, who provided me with a solution
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests