MozillaZine

Bookmarks Toolbar Item?

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
LoRd_MuldeR

User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 2:26 pm

Post Posted January 27th, 2009, 6:42 pm

With today's build an item called "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" appeared on my Bookmarks toolbar :shock:

That item can't be clicked. It can neither be moved nor can it be deleted. Has anybody else noticed that thingy?

Image

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14425
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted January 27th, 2009, 6:52 pm


LoRd_MuldeR

User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 2:26 pm

Post Posted January 27th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Oh. That feature is pretty cool 8-)

However the "Bookmarks" toolbar seems to be one solid item, which includes the "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" thing.
So I can only move or remove the "Bookmars" toolbar as a whole, but I can't remove that useless and pretty big "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" from it.
Is that planned?
Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR on January 27th, 2009, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14425
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted January 27th, 2009, 7:27 pm

No clue, I've only MXRed for the string - maybe Phil stops by and explains in detail...

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 4:16 am

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:Oh. That feature is pretty cool 8-)

However the "Bookmarks" toolbar seems to be one solid item, which includes the "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" thing.
So I can only move or remove the "Bookmars" toolbar as a whole, but I can't remove that useless and pretty big "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" from it.
Is that planned?

Ah, it's a problem with your theme (Mostly Crystal?) which hasn't caught up with the changes yet (that bit it should be invisible until it's put into the palette). Since the "bookmarks toolbar item" code (and much of the rest of customizable toolbars) is copied straight out of Firefox 2/3 and CatThief has versions of Mostly Crystal for Firefox, it should be a no-brainer for her to fix this. She should also have all the necessary graphics for the new small icon sizes from the Firefox/Thunderbird versions.

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 4:27 am

If you know your way around userChrome.css or have the Stylish extension installed try the following:
Code: Select all
/*
  In customize mode we hide the normal bookmark items and show a placeholder
  for the drag/drop UI.
*/
.bookmarks-toolbar-customize {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://communicator/skin/bookmarks/bookmark-folder-open.png");
  display: none;
  max-width: 15em !important;
}

toolbarpaletteitem[place] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-customize {
  display: -moz-box;
}

toolbarpaletteitem[place="palette"] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-customize {
  -moz-box-orient: vertical;
}

toolbarpaletteitem[place="toolbar"] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-overflow-items,
toolbarpaletteitem[place="toolbar"] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-items {
  visibility: collapse;
}

toolbarpaletteitem[place="palette"] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-overflow-items,
toolbarpaletteitem[place="palette"] > #personal-bookmarks > .bookmarks-toolbar-items {
  display: none;
}

Phil

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14425
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 6:10 am

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:With today's build an item called "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" appeared on my Bookmarks toolbar

I've updated to the 20090128 build but don't see that button anywhere, using the default theme. Right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting "Customize" pops up the (so far fairly empty) button palette known from Firefox and Thunderbird, this looks promising! :-)

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 8:23 am

Minor regression: Bug 475711 - "Restore Default Set" doesn't handle dynamic nodes correctly
Neil fixed one half of the problem before our customizable toolbars landed but forgot about the other half.

Phil

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 8:29 am

rsx11m wrote:
LoRd_MuldeR wrote:With today's build an item called "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" appeared on my Bookmarks toolbar

I've updated to the 20090128 build but don't see that button anywhere, using the default theme. Right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting "Customize" pops up the (so far fairly empty) button palette known from Firefox and Thunderbird, this looks promising! :-)

What do you mean "empty"?

Image
Phil

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14425
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 8:43 am

Philip Chee wrote:What do you mean "empty"?

This one, no actual buttons to customize (ok, except for the JS Debugger...):

Image

And, the "Home | Bookmarks, etc." toolbar is unchanged, no "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" thing.

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 9:36 am

rsx11m wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:What do you mean "empty"?

This one, no actual buttons to customize (ok, except for the JS Debugger...):

You need to install a few extensions (like Flashblock and Console2).
rsx11m wrote:And, the "Home | Bookmarks, etc." toolbar is unchanged, no "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" thing.

That means that it's working properly as it should be invisible until you open the customize window.

Phil

rsx11m
Moderator
 
Posts: 14425
Joined: May 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: US

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 9:49 am

Philip Chee wrote:You need to install a few extensions (like Flashblock and Console2).
You mean like those linked to in your forum signature? ;-)
rsx11m wrote:And, the "Home | Bookmarks, etc." toolbar is unchanged, no "Bookmarks Toolbar Item" thing.
That means that it's working properly as it should be invisible until you open the customize window.
Ok, so LoRd_MuldeR only saw them because of the different theme, thanks.

LoRd_MuldeR

User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 2:26 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 11:33 am

rsx11m wrote:Ok, so LoRd_MuldeR only saw them because of the different theme, thanks.


In fact the useless button is not there with "Default" and "Modern" theme :shock:

Hope "Mostly Crystal" will be updated soon. Without that theme SeaMonkey really doesn't look half that pleasant :mrgreen:

(The 2009-01-27 update of Mostly Crystal still has the useless item)

Philip Chee

User avatar
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: March 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 1:06 pm

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:Hope "Mostly Crystal" will be updated soon. Without that theme SeaMonkey really doesn't look half that pleasant :mrgreen:

(The 2009-01-27 update of Mostly Crystal still has the useless item)

Did your test the userChrome.css I recommended upthread?

Phil

LoRd_MuldeR

User avatar
 
Posts: 204
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 2:26 pm

Post Posted January 28th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Philip Chee wrote:
LoRd_MuldeR wrote:Hope "Mostly Crystal" will be updated soon. Without that theme SeaMonkey really doesn't look half that pleasant :mrgreen:

(The 2009-01-27 update of Mostly Crystal still has the useless item)

Did your test the userChrome.css I recommended upthread?

Phil


No. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. And I currently don't have the time to find out how to hack the theme :wink:

Return to SeaMonkey Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest