Tabs image ghosting w/ toolbar buttons (FF 2.0 WinXP SP2)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wildman

Post by wildman »

I posted this in the TMP forums & it might be of interest to this thread...
Colorful Tabs Conflicting with TMP MultipleRows
Thomas Valen

Post by Thomas Valen »

Ok, I tried Your recommendation and lowered the hardware acceleration one level and alas, it did fix the issue with my NVIDIA GeForce2Go. No more tab issues.

However, and isn't there always a however, I am now wondering what exactly I am missing out on having changed that setting. Windows tells me that now my cursor and bitmap acceleration has been turned off. O-kaaaay...how does that manifest itself? I mean apart from fixing the Firefox issue. Is it worth it?

I'm pretty uncertain...
hondoandres

Post by hondoandres »

Did you guys ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem, and nothing I tries solves it.
fried_chicken_snack

Post by fried_chicken_snack »

I have the same problem:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 21#2703421

I also have a TNT2 graphics card. I'm guessing this won't be an issue when I upgrade to a new card later this year, so problem...postponed. :P
mattst

Post by mattst »

I have a NVIDEA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 and did have the same 'font rendering' problem on the tab bar. I went to the Dell site and, using my Dell service tag, found an updated TNT2 M64 driver, installed it, and the tab bar now displays perfectly !!
billm7

same issue

Post by billm7 »

I have the same problem with an old Dell Inspiron 8100 Nvidia geforce2go video card. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=519028 I lowered hardware acceleration one notch and fixed it.
dgerard

Post by dgerard »

I've been having the same ghosting issue with my Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop and GeForce2Go card, driver 4.4.8.2 from 2003. I'm going to go ahead and turn down the video accel one notch, but does anyone know of any new video drivers that can take care of this? Why is this not an FF issue that should be fixed by FF? I've never seen this behavior before ver 2.xxx of FF nor in any other application.
bjkeefe

Turning down acceleration also worked for me

Post by bjkeefe »

I seem to have cleared up the tab ghosting problem by turning down the graphics card acceleration one notch. This was a happy side effect of troubleshooting a display problem in Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, in which the messages pane's text was garbled (appeared overwritten).

My problem, as with other people, seems to stem from my specific graphics card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro, installed on a Dell Precision 330, running Windows 2000 SP4. I didn't see either of the Firefox or Tbird problem on my Gateway Solo 9300 laptop (same OS and Mozilla software versions, graphics card: ATI Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2X, hardware acceleration set to full.)

I posted a more detailed version of what I found out on the Tbird support forum <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=3016525#3016525">here</a>.

Hope this helps.
andrewsjp

Re: Tabs image ghosting w/ toolbar buttons (FF 2.0 WinXP SP2)

Post by andrewsjp »

Installing the Firefox add on Native XP solved the problem for me. Older system Gateway GP7-450 with NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro. Refurbishing it to give away. :D
LoudNoise

Re: Tabs image ghosting w/ toolbar buttons (FF 2.0 WinXP SP2)

Post by LoudNoise »

Elderly thread. Locking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."