[ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
hepemo

Re: [ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Post by hepemo »

Hello, I have an issue that first I thought it was flashgot related but as I've been paying more attention it seems as it might be a firefox problem. In any case, here's my problem, yesterday I noticed that I didn't have my loved option of "flashgot link/selection" when I right clicked on pages... since then I have installed and reinstalled all the latest version and it has never worked again. On the firefox->tools->add-ons, here's what's there:

Like I said I have installed flashgot 1.1.7.7 countless times and the message on there is always the same... and well it says that 1.1.7.6 is not compatible with Firefox? This is all a bit weird, I have been using flashgot integrated with flashget forever and always worked flawlessly. The thing that makes me believe that it's nothing related with flashgot in particular is that there are a couple of add-ons there that have also been installed or uninstalled but they're still there... regardless of what I do, after restarting firefox, nothing changes.

Any help is appreciated.
Extol

Post by Extol »

Flashget Version 1.9.6.1073
Will this work with beta builds?
Will it work with the version 2 available on flashget's website now, not sure if its alpha or beta.

I have been having problems with flashgot calling flashget causing browser crash.
I just now turned logging on and updated flashgot to newest 1.1.7.7.
Is there anything on my problem or is it just me?

thank you
paulybrklynny

Post by paulybrklynny »

Hello,

Using Flashgot 1.1.7.7
with Firefox 3.0.5
on a 1.9 GHz PowerPC G5 running OS X 10.4.11

I think coinciding with a recent update of Flashgot (though it may have been coincidental), every time I launch Firefox a folder is placed on my desktop. The file names are similar, the most recent one - today-
is titled: flashgot.97xca1vo.default

the folder contains the files:

flashgot-mac-script.204
flashgot-mac-script.228
flashgot.sh.test

and a text file:
FlashGot.test

the text file reads:

iGetter|KO
Leech|KO
Speed Download Lite|KO
Speed Download|KO

can anyone help with what this is? what I can/should do? should I be concerned?

Thank you very much.
nagan

Post by nagan »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@nagan:
could you please elaborate?

DWH has a drop menu which tells the details of the file(s)that can be downloaded.You can bring in the richness thatsall.
therube

Post by therube »

@paulybrklynny

FlashGot Options | Advanced -> Temporary Directory.
It must be set to your desktop.

@Giorgio

Similarly to nagan, viewtopic.php?p=4392015#p4392015.

Separately, why no UI for flashgot.media.enabled ?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
paulybrklynny

Post by paulybrklynny »

@ therube -

thank you very much!
Vinagre

Post by Vinagre »

@Giorgio Maone
Could you please add the command --content-disposition to Wget?

ex: http://www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.com/ ... hp?id=6107
the Content-disposition has the filename: AppNote_VLANIDForw.pdf

regards
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@hepemo:
that looks like an Add-Ons Manager corruption. Could you try to follow the steps outlined in this article?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Iss ... sion_files

@Extol:
FlashGot works with newest FlashGet versions, but IMHO 1.9.x is better than the 2.x serie.

@Vinagre:
that's a good idea, but not always feasible (especially for multiple downloads)

@nagan, therube:
I could probably extract more info, but no download manager have interfaces to have this info passed from the browser.
Anyway I'm planning improvements to the built-in support for video download which might overcome some limitations.
therube

Post by therube »

In my case, wouldn't be looking to pass the info to the download manager, but rather simply to be provided to me.

Sometimes I may not want to download a 50 MB video, but I might just want a 9 MB or so selection of it. At present, I know nothing of the size (from FlashGot Media) in advance - until it is passed to my download manager & the download is initiated.

With (Orbit's) Grab++, it shows (the full size &) each chunk thereafter as I advance (or move back) through a movie, along with the associated size of each selection. This information is given before it is sent for actual download.

If FlashGot media could give that information (either via mouse-over & or right-click), I feel it would be very helpful.

EDIT: ClearClick warning portion of this thread moved here, viewtopic.php?p=5632445#p5632445
Last edited by therube on January 31st, 2009, 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@therube:
could you tell me the page of the ClearClick thing?
bramankp

Post by bramankp »

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/video.phtml?id=5272

Clicking to download the Hi-Def version of this video, FlashGot 1.1.7.7 does not seem to handle the filename correctly on the page that pops up to download the video.

Paul Braman
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@bramankp:
you must click, then a popup opens says "Preparing download". Then you can alt+Click on "Start download here".
I tested with Orbit Downloader, and file name is handled just fine.
The built-in doesn't catch the redirected name, but why using the built-in through FlashGot for a single download? Just use the "normal" click download instead.
fireattack

Post by fireattack »

I think there is something wrong with flashgot+Thunder.
When I use flashgot+Thunder to download some link, Thunder will got a mistake:
You can test with this page:
http://ecchinanowaikenaitoomoimasu.goog ... .com/test2
when you alt+click some link (ex.3180_4532/11111111111), you will get the mistake. But the short one won't.
So I found that maybe the length of words between <a> & </a> will decide when this problem appear.
And if you set referer page to blank in flashgot's opotion, the problem will disappear. --but I can't always do it because some website will check the referer page when you download from it.

I think the reason of this bug maybe is Thunder have non-standard data interface, not caused by flashgot. But when we use IE+flashgot, we won't catch this problem(Somebody tells me the browser Mathon also have this problem..). So I wish you can do some especially fix for Thunder, because it has been widely used in China..

Thanks.
mk.2

Post by mk.2 »

I'd like to request ability to detect .f4v since more websites are using f4v instead of flv for movie in flash.

I still haven't seen any website use .f4p, .f4a or .f4b yet, but I think it would be a good idea to support these extensions also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Video#File_formats
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@mk.2:
could you please point me to such a site to test?