[ext] NoScript 1.8 - Your Browser is YOURS

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Giorgio Maone

Re: [ext] NoScript 1.8 - Your Browser is YOURS

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@axmaan:
to allow Flash movies individually, instead of as a whole when you allow the site, check NoScript Options|Plugins|Apply these restrictions to trusted sites as well.
In recent NoScript versions, all the menus are "sticky" (i.e. don't close until you click outside or hit ESC) except the one triggered by the "Options" button on the notification bar. Just use the NoScript icon on the status bar, or configure the toolbar button, or use the CTRL+SHIFT+S shortcut.

@chrizio:
http://www.arcor.de doesn't allow HTTPS to be used on its home page (it automatically redirects to HTTP).
You've configured NoScript to force HTTPS on *.arcor.de, therefore the site and NoScript ping-pong the request and nobody can win.
Just remove *.arcor.de from your NoScript Options|Advanced|HTTPS|Force... box.
sycthos

Post by sycthos »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@sychtos:
what about themes?

I'm using the default theme, so I don't think this is the issue.
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi readers of this thread,

Mozilla is renowned for "too much recursion" problem (have this with Error: too much recursion
Source file: chrome://kabl/content/kabl-policy.js
Line: 219 el.setAttribute('style', 'display: none !important'); Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090130 Minefield/3.2a1pre - Build ID: 20090130042835

You can check this here: http://calculist.blogspot.com/2005/06/t ... 88710.html
Push the button.. (well let NoScript allow you to do so)

luntrus
Fx forever
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

nagan wrote:Please check this.Even with NS allowed and nothing blocked of ABPlus this seems to be the info.This site come up when I click a downloadable file
http://www.zshare.net/adsblocked.html . This seems to be the site referred by downloads.

This works fine for me in NoScript 1.8.9.9, provided that zshare.net is allowed.
More in general, it works as long as you allow the script http://www.zshare.net/adsense.js to run (it just sets a variable to false).

nagan wrote:1.When there is only one item blocked the moment I allow the icon shifts to the right for me to go there and click again ,a small punishment for allowing status bar label?

Yes. I don't think I can do anything about that, other than moving the statusbar label on the left of the statusbar icon. I'm not sure everyone would agree...
nagan wrote:XSS ,click jacking are there, can't you noscript popunders?

No: as I said, there's nothing to tell popunders from legitimate popups.
nagan wrote:3.Even in case of partial allows it would be better if you have an icon which shows the present page condition.It could be misleading if google is allowed and not the present site.

Yes, it would be better and I put this in my TODO list.

@luntrus:
Your "too much recursion" error is from Karma Blocker.

@stichos:
are you talking about the status bar icon (that would be an inexplicable and unreproducible bug) or the yellow notification bar (which is normal)?
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi Giorgio,

Regarding the error Karma Blocker is producing...
Yes something in the code must be pointing to itself, he had to chunk the loop, in GoogleChrome I get a normal 5000 5000; so this is not a general JS engine bug as some state.. just a JS error..
You are better in taking your browser code through loops - avoiding this :)

luntrus
Fx forever
Lassar

Post by Lassar »

:(

I am using the latest noscript version 1.8.9.7 The adwords keyword tool just sits there and does not return any results.
-
Curious about the FCC GROL License ?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Lassar:
please retry with 1.9, and check if any error message appears in Tools|Error Console (possibly after having set the javascript.options.showInConsole about:config pref to true)

@Everybody:
This topic is closed
NoScript discussion continues here
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking as per Giorgio's request.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)