Open new tab in firefox when clicking a link in thunderbird

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
kstyrvoll

Open new tab in firefox when clicking a link in thunderbird

Post by kstyrvoll »

Hi, gurus.

I have installed the tabbrowser ext., and edit user.js file. But if I have a running firefox session, and click a link in thunderbird the profile manager is opened and when I choose the profile I need, it complain about a running instance.

What is the way to fix this? I want to have several profiles since I use my laptop in many different environment.

Regards
Kristian
whcanilang

Me, too

Post by whcanilang »

Not an answer, but a me, too. I also have the tab-extension installed and when I click on a link in Thunderbird, it overwrites my current tab in Firebird. I would think it should open a new tab. Any fix for this???
David H

Post by David H »

In TBE there's an option under "advanced use" for opening a new tab from external applications. When it asks you about DDE support, say yes.
roadkill

Post by roadkill »

where is this setting? I can't find it in the normal options menu?
Old Persist

Re: Open new tab in firefox when clicking a link in thunderb

Post by Old Persist »

kstyrvoll wrote:Hi, gurus.

I have installed the tabbrowser ext., and edit user.js file. But if I have a running firefox session, and click a link in thunderbird the profile manager is opened and when I choose the profile I need, it complain about a running instance.

What is the way to fix this? I want to have several profiles since I use my laptop in many different environment.

Regards
Kristian
If you're running Linux the fix is to use this firefox script http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment. ... ction=view from this bug http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=177996#c79 I would recommend that you go to line 188 and change _open_type="window" to _open_type="tab" (just move the # from one line to the other) so that new pages open in tabs.