Firefox 0.9 compatible Themes

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Alfred Kayser

Nautipolis and Walnut updated for 0.9!

Post by Alfred Kayser »

My themes Nautipolis (prev. known as Nautilus) and Walnut
are now updated and available for 0.9!

It took some time because I wanted to be sure I had got it right.
My themes now also style the 'about' box of the theme manager, as
the default styling of this box is s/really ugly/not so nice/.

http://www.geocities.com/AlfredKayser/m ... rebird.htm

Note this website is often 'overloaded', but keep on trying.
(if really in an hurry send me a note to nl.ibm.com, with username alfredkayser
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

aaron:

Do you plan on fully themeing the Extension and Theme Managers? When I switched to Atlas the icons on the buttons in both windows were lost, and the three icons within each extension entry in the EM are now just coloured squares.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
aaron

Post by aaron »

TheOneKEA:

I will not be putting icons on the buttons in the extension and theme managers. I did not have them in the download manager, and will not put them in the extension and theme managers. Command buttons do not look right to me with icons on them.

I will be updting the three icons in the extension manager (the colored squares) with the icons from the default theme in the near future.
naylor83

Post by naylor83 »

daihard wrote:
naylor83 wrote:I'm having some trouble with the buttons of the themes and extensions managers. The update buttons never looks as it should, and the other buttons only look OK when not disabled ... I would be very greatful if anyone is able to work out why this is... I haven't been able to - yet anyway.

As far as I can tell, the Update button is supposed to go out on the Web and check for an update to the highlighted theme/extension. I'd imagine the server side is not ready to accept this request yet. The "Use Theme" button says it all... you choose the theme you want to use and hit this button to load the selected theme.

I didn't mean that I don't know what the buttons do. (Although, thanks for the effort!) I mean, with my theme (Doodle), I'm having some problems. The update button doesn't look like a button, and neither do the other buttons in the theme manager when disabled. Is anyone else seeing anything similar in other themes? Any fix for this??

(I've used DOM Inspector to try to find out what's wrong, but there the buttons seem identical, and there is no logical explanation to why one of them doesn't work ...)
<a href="http://davidnaylor.org/blog/">David Naylor: Blog</a> | <a href="http://davidnaylor.org/photography/">David Naylor: Photography</a>
slang123

Post by slang123 »

Ive updated the phoenity repackage to fix the dropmarker issue. It seems to be the result of a bug whereby if you dont specify -moz-image-region: auto; it will use a really random one on its own. Same url, just unistall the current one and re-install if your updating. In fact there are more parts in this theme which are effected by the bug, particullarly the cutemenus, ive fixed some on my experimental version and might include that later

Edit: on closer inspection its error in the code that causes it not a bug
Last edited by slang123 on June 11th, 2004, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartokk

Post by bartokk »

My Silver Skin theme is now updated and working with Firefox 0.9.

You find it here http://www.maurobartoccelli.com/silverskin/Silverskin_2.0.jar

Hasta proxima

Bartokk

http://www.maurobartoccelli.com
mail@maurobartoccelli.com
Last edited by bartokk on June 16th, 2004, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
uni

Post by uni »

"Toxic-alloy8" (http://home.comcast.net/~lynchknot/fthemes.html)...can someone make this FF.9 compatible...plz plz plz plz... I have no idea how to do it.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
buckminster

Post by buckminster »

anyone got a mirror of the repackaged phoenity? The original poster exceeded his bandwidth... :(
slang123

Post by slang123 »

ooops. its seems to be working again now. If anyone could suggest a free quick place to host i would be very happy
jonahlee

Qute for OS X

Post by jonahlee »

Is anyoen working on, or does anyone know if anyone is working on a new OS X .9 Compatible version of Qute? I hate that Qute is no longer included with Firefox. It is my favorite Forefox theme, and I hate the dreadfull Pinstripe that looks lik a bad version of Safari, and doesn't display ICOs. I would much prefer Qute, or especially a choice!

EDITED.

Sorry. I was able to find it.

Arvid Axelsson's Web Site has the Qute Plug In for OS X
jonahlee

Post by jonahlee »

Except the scroll bar doesn't show up at all.
-Jonah Lee
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

aaron wrote:TheOneKEA:

I will not be putting icons on the buttons in the extension and theme managers. I did not have them in the download manager, and will not put them in the extension and theme managers. Command buttons do not look right to me with icons on them.

But you did put icons on the Download Manager - don't you remember when Download Manager Tweak 0.4.1 was released?

aaron wrote:I will be updting the three icons in the extension manager (the colored squares) with the icons from the default theme in the near future.

OK.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
aaron

Post by aaron »

What I meant was I won't be putting icons on the "Clean Up" and "Options" buttons. Command buttons shouldn't have icons on them. Nowhere else in Firefox are there icons on command buttons, and nowhere else in the OS (at least on XP Pro for me) does that occur. As for the colored squares, those were from the default theme before they got changed over to the new styled icons.
slang123

Post by slang123 »

Although its not native, why not leave it as an option to enable in the userchrome.css that would be excelent for those who dont mind sacraficing nativity for looks