Can't open messages in Hotmail

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SoulDeep

Can't open messages in Hotmail

Post by SoulDeep »

This started just yesterday, I can't open my messages in Hotmail using Firefox only. Works fine in IE (yuck). When I try to open a message it says, "Please refresh your browser window. When you access your Windows Live Hotmail account from more than one computer, we ask you to sign in again to help keep your account private and secure."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
uasreg

Re: Can't open messages in Hotmail

Post by uasreg »

There is a thread on this in Thunderbird Support section of forum
SoulDeep

Post by SoulDeep »

Thanx for the tip but I still don't anything that helps me with my issue.

I can get into Hotmail but when I click on anything within my account I get this error message:

"Please refresh your browser window. When you access your Windows Live Hotmail account from more than one computer, we ask you to sign in again to help keep your account private and secure."

It's driving me nuts.
76gye4312

Post by 76gye4312 »

This is a problem that seems to began on Friday 13. I have no permanent answer but what you can do is click on options (on the right hand side) then click more options then click on inbox (on the left hand side). This seems to work while you are logged into hotmail but when you log off you will have to repeat these steps. Its works for me!
steviex

Post by steviex »

@ usareg.... The OP is refering to Operating his account using the WebPage in FIREFOX.

He is NOT referring to Downloading his mail into Thunderbird.

@ Everyone Else

OK.. Log off from the site. Clear the Browser cache and the cookies relating to the site. Log in again.

Make sure you always log off properly, before accessing the site from another Browser or Computer.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

Post by Guest »

YUP, since yesterday I'm also having same prob with Hotmail, cannot read/open emails. I get this message ""Please refresh your browser window. When you access your Windows Live Hotmail account from more than one computer, we ask you to sign in again to help keep your account private and secure."
I tried many times refreshing and opneing new browser. No luck.
Have no prob with IE browser though. ( I hate using IE)

PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Guest »

Tried clearing/deleting cookies/cache , same result. HELP
avoidz

Post by avoidz »

Maybe Microsoft got hacked on Friday 13th?
LAPTOP: XPS17 Intel i7-2630QM, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 555M, Windows 7 64bit
Christapher05

Post by Christapher05 »

This is definitely a problem that started this week. I just hit this problem yesterday and ive had my hotmail account for over 9 years. I'm also thinking they got hacked yesterday.
uasreg

Post by uasreg »

steviex wrote:@ usareg.... The OP is refering to Operating his account using the WebPage in FIREFOX.

He is NOT referring to Downloading his mail into Thunderbird.

:oops: Sorry, but I've learned something.
steviex

Post by steviex »

No Worries.....
Hmm... On the other hand, maybe the two are not unconnected. Microsoft seems to have done a site update, that has also broken the Thunderbird Hotmail Addon.

Maybe dropping Microsoft a line, to inform them of the problem might be a good idea.....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
bockwurst

Post by bockwurst »

76gye4312 wrote:This is a problem that seems to began on Friday 13. I have no permanent answer but what you can do is click on options (on the right hand side) then click more options then click on inbox (on the left hand side). This seems to work while you are logged into hotmail but when you log off you will have to repeat these steps. Its works for me!

This works for me aswell!! nice tip
I advise everyone to try this tip.

Post by Guest »

I do have this problem - mine started on thursday 2/12/09

please help

Post by Guest »

extremely annoying problem that seems to be happening to everyone in the office.. people are going mad.

hopefully microsoft will pull their thumbs out of their ass and get this sorted asap
HotMail Hottie

Post by HotMail Hottie »

Seems to be working now. I just logged into my HotMail account w/FF 3.0.6 - no problems encountered.